Dany Adams? I think not

buttlvr99
This topic is 3819 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Here is yet another guy (Dany Adams) using the pics of model Todd Sanfield. I let Dany know about it.

http://www.rentboy.com/Listing.aspx?lid=410238&scid=106997848&sp=1&pos=8&locid=&iid=480072

https://www.pinterest.com/mannylondon/i-need-me-alot-of-todd-sanfield/

He must think we are stupid or he has bad vision. The pictures are obviously of different people. A Google image search shows three different models. Good grief - I hope no one falls for this scam.

-

I decided to be more active by reporting the use of models pictures back to the models when I can find their contact information. In the Dany Adams ad, one of the pictures used was that of Jason Goodale. I sent Jason an email about this and he responded by thanking me. Maybe if Rentboy got enough complaints from the models themselves it would stem the tide just a bit of model pic overuse.

Here was Jason's response to me:

Thank you so much for letting me know about the picture being used on the website, I have reported it straight away.

Thank you again.

Regards

Jason

Not really. They take the position that they are like the telephone directory: just a listing service that makes no representations regarding their advertisers.

The trouble with that argument is that it only goes so far. If they know that an advertiser's photos are stolen and that the person placing the ad is not the person depicted in the photograph used, I would think that their obligation to cancel the ad is greater than if they do not have any knowledge of falsity.

In fact, the great majority of their ads are false in at least some respects as are a lot of other ads appearing in other commercial venues. The question is where the line should be drawn.

Archived