A virgin in Las Vegas

Chris Eisenhower
This topic is 2145 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wicked Spoon is not good. It is exquisite!

This upscale buffet offers great variety and will satisfy the most discerning of palates. Breakfast is served till 2pm.

The only downside is the waiting time in order to get seated. Tip: avoid rush hours or if you stay at the Cosmopolitan, your Marriott Rewards loyalty card will give you priority seating.

http://i.usatoday.net/travel/gallery/2011/tr110512_vegas-day/wicked-spoonpg-vertical.jpg

Cosmo has a promo. New visitors, new players club enrolleess only. Play enough to earn 750 points in 48 hours, free Wicked Spoon, (must use in 48 hours.) 1500 points, free buffet for two. Brunch or dinner . AND, get to bypass line. For the record, brunch was excellent, but not the mind-blowing experience I'd hoped for. Wish I'd done dinner.

With two recent LV visits in past 60 days, Cosmopolitan is my favorite place on Strip.

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but can anyone recommend a nice restaurant in Las Vegas? I'm looking for something upscale, japanese, spanish or american cuisine. Any good buffet suggestions as well? Thanks!

Julian Serano Tapas in Aria was my best meal during my April stay.

The Buffet at Wynn was best buffet I had out of 3 I visited in April & May.

Lotus of Siam 953 E Sahara Ave, Ste A5, Las Vegas, NV 89104-3005 is considered by many the best Thai restaurant in the world. Reservations recommended.

(Also has two bathhouses, Spotlight, and Badlands within walking distance)

Agreed. LOS is one of the best Thai eateries in the States.

If you can't get in there, go Downtown to Le Thai. Solid food. Great spice. Next door to one of my favorite places to get tipsy and sing: Don't Tell Mama.

Adding Lotus to my list for next trip in a few months. Particularly as I'm renting a car next time.

Cars are generally not worth it since Vegas started charging for parking. Except, some places are reversing that under some circumstances, (e.g. hotel guests) and some provide free parking for players club members above base-newbie level.

I always rented a car when visiting LV years ago. But not recent visits. Car makes it easier to explore, leave Strip, hit the gay clubs, Red Rocks, etc. Never made Hoover Dam, so thats one reason for car next visit. And, now, Lotus of Siam.

Agreed. LOS is one of the best Thai eateries in the States.

If you can't get in there, go Downtown to Le Thai. Solid food. Great spice. Next door to one of my favorite places to get tipsy and sing: Don't Tell Mama.

I’ve been to Lotus of Siam twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. Would be interested to check out their new location, or the Thai spot you mentioned :) thank you!

Adding Lotus to my list for next trip in a few months. Particularly as I'm renting a car next time.

Cars are generally not worth it since Vegas started charging for parking. Except, some places are reversing that under some circumstances, (e.g. hotel guests) and some provide free parking for players club members above base-newbie level.

I always rented a car when visiting LV years ago. But not recent visits. Car makes it easier to explore, leave Strip, hit the gay clubs, Red Rocks, etc. Never made Hoover Dam, so thats one reason for car next visit. And, now, Lotus of Siam.

I'm pretty sure they no longer offer tours INSIDE Hoover dam. I was there July 2001, and there was this little incident a couple of months later ... it's a pity. It was absolutely INCREDIBLE.

Just a warning for anyone inspired by this thread.

Lotus of Siam website says Sahara location currently closed for renovations. Dont know if they keep website current, updated; cant vouch for accuracy. But if someone's inspired to go now...best to confirm.