Convenient Location(s) in Dallas, Texas

ajirons09
This topic is 3946 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi Everyone!

I'm thinking of doing my first tour in Dallas, Texas, 9/26 - 9/30, but am not sure in which area of Dallas to stay at. I'd prefer to have hotel accommodations in a neighborhood and/or landmark that is convenient for Clients to find and get to. If memory serves me right, setting up at the "City Center" or "Dallas Galleria" would be my best options, but want to certain before pressing forward. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

AJ Irons

ajirons09@yahoo.com

714-743-5652

Daddy's Reviews

http://www.daddysreviews.com/review/aj_orangecounty

Travel Schedule

Washington DC: 8/1 - 8/5

Home Base (Orange County): 8/6 - 8/11

Home Base: 8/18 - 8/21

Chicago: 8/22 - 8/26

Home Base: 8/27 - 8/31

No no, stay in uptown/downtown area. That way I don't have far to run into your arms. :p

Seriously, the Galleria is not good these days. The LBJ loop (I-635) is under chaotic construction and it's a pain for many to get in and out of there.

A.J.,

I usually stay in Dallas Market Center (between downtown and uptown) which I find a very convenient location for clients.

http://cdn.destination360.com/north-america/us/texas/dallas/comfort-inn-suites-market-center-map.gif

Another nice location would be Oak Lawn in Uptown.

I agree with some of the other posters. Anything along LBJ and the Galleria area can be a problem as long as the freeway construction continues. It's a bit of a hassle to get in and out of, but it's definitely convenient, and there are some nice hotels with very good rates. Visiting someone staying in that area would not deter me from hiring.

Market Center is a good choice, with lots of hotels and convenient parking. Easy to get to. I think the Anatole charges for parking, which I consider a hassle. Most of the downtown properties also have parking charges.

Uptown is a nice area, but with definitely fuzzy boundaries for lodging. When people talk about a restaurant or club in uptown, it's generally a nice area. There are not a lot of hotels in that "nice" area, and the boundaries seem to get extended to some pretty sketchy areas close by.

Personally, I think of Uptown as somewhat more North of downtown, up along McKinney Avenue, from the Crescent Hotel and Ritz, headed towards SMU, along US75. Market Center is really more west of downtown and along Interstate 35.

If being close to most of gay bars is important, I'd suggest the Melrose Hotel. It's on the next block from the clubs. An older hotel, definitely a landmark, but with a controlled lobby area that might not be the best for entertaining lots of visitors.

If you decide to come in before the 23rd of September, after the 3rd of October, definitely let me know. :)

You guys are right. Market Center is the most convenient place to host out of. I would definitely NOT try to work out of the Melrose Hotel. Way too much of a hassle for clients to get in and out of. Now that that's settled, AJ, if you need a guide, host, driver, massage therapist, cook, or gofer while you are in Dallas, I'll be happy to volunteer. I'm already fantasizing about what kinda trouble I can get into with you. :p

I wouldn't mind staying at that new Omni with the colorful neon lights downtown. Seen that last time I was there last year. I always liked the hotels in Dallas. Market Center is easier to get to Oaklawn (the district) than uptown/Northpark is. But Market Center to me needed to have more stores/places to eat for all the hotels they have. It's almost off the beaten path even though it's so close to happening areas. Uptown has more places to go.

The Galleria area is kind of hit and miss. It's more for outcalls.

Archived