SPLASH BAR to close 8/10/13

Cooper
This topic is 3966 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The gay scene in New York City is mercurial. Renewal and reinvention is the key to longevity. Splash was the ideal for those coming of age in the era of SEX AND THE CITY. I am sad to see it go but know others will emerge.

My good wishes to all connected to and involved with Splash.

Haven't frequented Splash in awhile, but back when it opened 22 years (and for me almost as many pounds) ago, it really set the "bar" for upscale flash and trash. And oh those hunky bartenders. End of an era <sob>

Sign of the times. More people are meeting through apps and the Internet.

The best part about Splash was not only did they have the hottest bartenders in town but they actually spent time and talked to you. I've yet to find that in any other bar. They just bring you a drink and walk away. Splash bartenders always made me feel happy to be there. It was kind of a gay Cheers. I will miss it a lot.

Let me try this again, my previous reply didn't seem to work!

Rumors in NYC say that there wil be an announcement this weekend about Splash bar's ressurrection in a new location.

Let's hope the gossip queens are correct.

ED

An updated message to Splash Bar patrons... Here's the latest gossip... The bar will officially close on Sunday, August 11th... Starting Monday, August 12th, Splash Bar plans on taking some of their weekly events and a few bartenders over to XL... As of now, the rumor is that both Musical Mondays and Campus Tuesdays will continue at XL.

PRESS RELEASE

SPLASH - A BRAND NEW HOME

Dougie Meyer and Steve Sidewalk are proud to announce that immediately after the closing date of August 10th, much of the family that consists of Splash, will have a brand new home. We will be bringing to our new location, much of the management, bartenders, hosts and dj's. Also coming to our new location will be many of Splash's signature events such as Musical Mondays, Gay College Tuesdays, Dougie Meyer presents Saturdays & Classic Disco Sundays.

A full press release will soon follow, announcing the location and specifics of our new venture. We rushed this announcement for our loyal customers whose outpouring of support has been overwhelming. Our Team & Nightlife family will have a brand new home and will only grow to be bigger, better and stronger.

Splash will continue to be open in full force until Aug 10th and we will be going out with a bang!

PLEASE SHARE THIS POST ON YOUR WALL & WITH YOUR FRIENDS.

Our Grand Opening will be the event everyone is talking about.

Click the link to get on our VIP list and be the first to know!

http://www.mailermailer.com/u/signup/1047477n

ED

Last night was the most crowded I've seen Splash in quite some time. Maybe it should continue to "close" for another year. Now I have to find a replacement. Can anyone suggest a NYC gay bar where the bartenders are actually friendly?

Archived