Steve Grand, the Gay Country Music Star

bcohen7719
This topic is 3907 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never really been a country music fan, though I certainly don't dislike the song, and I was very touched by the video. And Grand has an appealing sound and style...and of course a very appealing look...and I applaud his courage in getting the song out there. Should be very interesting to see what the reactions are.

Likewise, not a big fan of country music - and I admit this song probably would have passed me by had it not been for the subject matter and for the artist. The song itself, from a musical standpoint, seems pretty basic (which I think is fine) - but I do applaud Grand for the specificity of the lyrics - or, really, the almost-specificity. By that I mean that, if you really look at the lyric, the only thing that really qualifies the song's gayness is that the singer (i.e. the narrator) is male. Down the road, I'm sure we will hear female singers cover this song as well, at which point the lyric could be heard to tell the story of a woman who wants another woman's man - which is more typical for songwriting. But since, in this case, the song has been introduced by a man, the lyric hits home more. So I do applaud Grand for writing a lyric that is as, um, straightforward as it is - he could have been much more veiled in his meaning, and he could have had people wondering "is he actually singing about 2 men??" The way it is, there is no doubt what he means.

But unlike maninsoma, I certainly wouldn't say that I find the song boring - just blithely mainstream from a musical standpoint. It's the lyric, as sung by a man, that calls out for attention.

• 4 weeks later...

HOT DAMN!!!!! Just got word that Steve Grand will be performing at the gay-ish (it draws more of a mixed crowd to be purely gay) nightclub in town. The first stop on a tour. Thursday, September 19. Now do I settle for the $10 general admission or spring for the $120 VIP table for 4 with a meet and greet. Decisions, decisions.

Go for the VIP TABLE... after the meet and greet, you can invite him to join you after the concert for a drink or two at your favorite haunt in town. I am sure you can find three other guys to join you for this experience... who knows where it might lead in the future !!!!!!!!!!!!!

go for the vip table... After the meet and greet, you can invite him to join you after the concert for a drink or two at your favorite haunt in town. I am sure you can find three other guys to join you for this experience... Who knows where it might lead in the future !!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

t

Go for the VIP TABLE... after the meet and greet, you can invite him to join you after the concert for a drink or two at your favorite haunt in town. I am sure you can find three other guys to join you for this experience... who knows where it might lead in the future !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course you know DD I only need 2 more guys, because that no good, third wheel of a partner of mine will be hanging along and want to ruin my fun with Steve (aka my future ex-husband). :). I mean, I don't know why I keep him around. Just cause we're madly in love with each other, is that a valid reason to stay together? Really? :o

Here you have some pics of him from a gallery forum.

http://www.companyofmen.org/showthread.php?94096-Steve-Grand&highlight=steve+grand

And I might be able to see them again if it wasn't for all this junk all over my computer monitor from staring at them before. :rolleyes:

Maybe he'll perform in some of his underwear. Or at least shirtless. Oh please, oh please, oh please.

Hey friend... I just assumed that your BF would be one of the three that join you, so you are correct, you only need to find two to join the two of you... but don't wait to long, or the VIP tables might be sold out. Wish I were near enough to join you.... but how could you even wonder about getting that VIP table after seeing all the hot pictures of him here on the Forum !!! I am sure you will be able to get him to take off his shirt at least, and maybe even more.. you are a very persuasive guy as many posters on this Forum can attest... !! :)

• 5 weeks later...

Steve Grand just released another video on youtube,

. I like the song itself better than All American Boy, which doesn't exactly set the bar all that high. Stay is a bit of pop pablum that sounds like a lot of stuff you hear on country radio stations nowadays, which isn't country music at all. The love interest in Stay is super-cute, way cuter than the object of Steve's affections in All American Boy. Unfortunately, Steve is clothed for far too much of the video. I must confess that I watched the All American Boy video a few times, for its shirtless bromance and sexier-than-sh*t skinnydipping scene. With Stay, once is likely enough for me. I wish the young (and oh so hot) Mr. Grand all the best, but neither the new song nor video appeal to me much.

i have to agree that neither of these songs are that country, and they don't really sound like anything on country radio today, except that they tell a story like country songs usually do. I think you would be more likely to hear this music on pop radio instead of country. As to his love interests in the video, i dont see a lot of difference between the two, they both are very similar, i guess he likes this type.

I just listened to both songs... they actually sounded country to me... but I have been out of the country loop for a few years so I am not qualified to judge them from a position of knowledge based on current standards. I actually gave each song a second listen and on repeated listening they both seemed to click with me. As for the two lovers, the guy from Stay is by far the better looking guy of the two and quite easy on the eyes... well actually quite hot... as is Mr. Grand himself... and this is definitely reinforced by the pics that I just viewed in the Gallery... WOOF! I wish him the best of luck...

Incidentally, the YouTube segment from Good Morning America featuring him was quite heartwarming...

Archived