Laughing At Wheel of Fortune

SmallTownJohn
This topic is 7650 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey Guys,

It was like the SuperBowl with all the yelling happening at my place during Wheel of Forune tonight. A lady kept shouting out consonants and vowels. Had her puzzle down to:

SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

DONALD RU_SFIELD

And she didnt know the last letter...another guy solved the puzzle...

Poor ol gal,

John

http://www.SmallTownJohn1.com

I have seen similar more than a few times on that show! I don't much care for WOF versus Jeopardy, as WOF has a bunch of screaming idiots who by sheer idiotic luck, get a bigger payoff than some 5 time undefeated champion on Jeopardy who actually has to have a brain!

This is really pathetic isn't it? But it ties in so much with the American emphasis on pretty shallowness over intelligent substance. How else do you explain the total bs of the so-called reality shows?

I personally find Wheel of Fortune about as intellectually challenging as a kindergarten puzzle of connecting the dots to find a horsie! BORING, BORING AND EVEN MORE BORING, and a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME! But I have to admire Pat and Vanna for taking the gullible American public for a ride all the way to the bank, and for the two of them to continue to do it after 20 years and to come across as sincerely as they do. :)

I love both of them, as they are only doing what is asked of them and their subtle humor and putdowns just totally go over the head of most of the contestants and a majority of the viewers.

I actually sorta enjoy WOF, Hawk, and part of it is because I usually get the puzzle well before everyone else. I've pissed off many a friend when I get the puzzle early but won't tell them. It was playing at a bar in Boston once and the bartender was really into it. He got REALLY pissed off when I'd say "Oh!" and wouldn't tell him.

But there's a larger issue here.

What's the difference between WOF and Survivor?

An expensive set vs. an expensive trip is about all I can see. The big buzz about reality TV right now is completely bogus. They're just repackaged game shows.

We've reverted to 1950's television, with networks competing to make better game shows.

They're still game shows.

I have always thought that it would be fun television if you could somehow switch the Wheel of Fortune contestants with the Jeapordy contestents. The Jeapordy contestants would solve all of the Wheel of Fortune puzzles after one or two letters, but the wouldn't win much money. The Wheel of Fortune contestants on Jeapoardy would end up in the three way tie with zero dollars. Whoops, I think that Saturday Night Live already did that sketch.

Archived