What's Your Top 5?

Jake
This topic is 3975 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I started a thread like this years ago and it was pretty popular... thought it'd be fun to try again since so many places come and go. At the moment, what are your favorite bars/clubs ... anywhere in the world? I'll start with mine!

1. Temple, Prague

As much as I like North American strip clubs, nothing beats being among the gorgeous guys in Europe. The beer is tasty. Blue eyed hotties. Escape used to be top dog, but over the years the place has just gone downhill. I haven't made a visit though since the renovations... but looking at their Facebook page, it looks like they're more preoccupied with evolving into a drag bar. I've always had fun at Temple... and 9 times out of 10, there's a Czech guy who's perfect for me. And unlike the clubs in North America, the fun doesn't end at closing time. You get to bring your guy home!

2. Taboo, Montreal

Twink heaven... as with many clubs, it can be hit or miss depending on the week you go. Lots of cute young guys. Terrible private dance area though. But at least the dances are cheap and none of the guys will be offended if you would like to $pend time with them outside the club.

3. Johnny's, Fort Lauderdale

Just like Taboo, you can luck out and strike gold if your timing is right. The turnover here is so fast, which makes that initial walk through the doors exciting each trip. Truly private private dances, fairly cheap at that. On the downside, your reek of nicotine after your night is over. I'm still fairly young so the loud music adds to the club vibe for me, but it annoys many.

4. Bliss, Atlanta

I've only had the chance to visit once, but what a beautiful club. Unfortunately the Swinging Richards price structure kept me from really having much fun though. Unlike the $10-20/song clubs in Ft Laud and Montreal, they have the escalating prices based on privacy. A private experience can run you $300. Not for me... I'm not that desperate. :) BJ Roosters was fun too... perhaps even more so, but there was zero privacy in their dance area. Reading the boards though, apparently since relocating, they have stepped up. Can't wait to see for myself next time I'm there!

5. Campus, Montreal

The curtains are gone and thus so has my desire to do a private dance at Campus. But it's still a great pre-game spot before the gym rats roll in around 9.

bliss is basically dead. 5 dancers last weekend. u can cross it off your list. Mine is...

1. Stock Bar & Swinging Richards Atlanta (Tied)

3. Swinging Richards Florida

4. Share (Las Vegas)...although technically it is more go-go boys. They do have private dance areas

5. Krave (Las Vegas)

Sad to hear about Bliss! Again, I just went the one time but it was such a beautiful club. Guys were stunning (and mostly my type). But those prices were insane, but I guess par for the course in Atlanta with SR. Really looking forward to seeing BJ's new place after reading the private dance areas are more private. Thanks for the update!

1. Swinging Richards Florida

2. Mecca...OK it's not a strip club, but after hours it is 70% gay and absolutely insane, AND muscle boy Alex, my favorite bartender of all time from Dudes, bartends there on Friday and Saturday night.

3. Stock

4. Campus

5. Johnny's and Boardwalk Fort Lauderdale...OK OK, I know, they shouldn't be on anyone's top 5 list, but they are in my backyard, so like it or not, it is where I end up most of the time....And I agree with Jake, I can handle the smoke and music at Johnny's, for me it is not a 'deal killer'.... It is a small price to pay for the occasional diamond in the rough that turns up and makes the VIP room memorable.

1. Swinging Richards Florida

2. Mecca...OK it's not a strip club, but after hours it is 70% gay and absolutely insane, AND muscle boy Alex, my favorite bartender of all time from Dudes, bartends there on Friday and Saturday night.

3. Stock

4. Campus

5. Johnny's and Boardwalk Fort Lauderdale...OK OK, I know, they shouldn't be on anyone's top 5 list, but they are in my backyard, so like it or not, it is where I end up most of the time....And I agree with Jake, I can handle the smoke and music at Johnny's, for me it is not a 'deal killer'.... It is a small price to pay for the occasional diamond in the rough that turns up and makes the VIP room memorable.

Is john still a bartender at Dudes, he is so hot!!!

There are so many places i havent gone to on this list. But i would go back to

Gold coast, Detroit, had two great times there.

Campus, Montreal, only went once but it was worth it.

Twist, South Beach, had a good time there, wish they had more private rooms.

Adonis/Evolve, NYC - had an awesome time there

Share, Vegas - well Tommy Gainer was there, it was the best.

Is john still a bartender at Dudes, he is so hot!!!

Not sure....I only go on the nights that Alex works. My guess would be no to John. I have been at other times and nothing resembling "hot" has been bartending....NOW....they used to have some hotties "pre-Alex" but I am thinking that most of those boys found greener pastures, as Alex has, several nights a week at Mecca.

He only bartends at Dudes on Wednesday and Thursday, and very often it will be just me, Alex, and three dancers. Talk about depressing, but I am just crazy about him, and since we share a mutual passion in racing boats, there is always lots to talk about.

There are so many places i havent gone to on this list. But i would go back to

Gold coast, Detroit, had two great times there.

Campus, Montreal, only went once but it was worth it.

Twist, South Beach, had a good time there, wish they had more private rooms.

Adonis/Evolve, NYC - had an awesome time there

Share, Vegas - well Tommy Gainer was there, it was the best.

This is why I like doing this topic every once in a while... another mention of Gold Coast. I have never been there, but definitely curious now. For those who've been to the Montreal/Fort Laud/Atlanta hotspots... is it similar to any of those?

Swinging Richards in Miami would be fun for me if it were not for that damn dj/announcer. He won't ever shut up. Just keeps hollering about how "suave" and "que rico" so and so dancer is. I'd have a much better time if he'd shut his mouth and let the dancers and the music entice me.

Swinging Richards in Miami would be fun for me if it were not for that damn dj/announcer. He won't ever shut up. Just keeps hollering about how "suave" and "que rico" so and so dancer is. I'd have a much better time if he'd shut his mouth and let the dancers and the music entice me.

lol lol....Alcohol helps....after a couple of G&T's it is amazing what you can tune out, and then tune into. ;)

Not sure....I only go on the nights that Alex works. My guess would be no to John. I have been at other times and nothing resembling "hot" has been bartending....NOW....they used to have some hotties "pre-Alex" but I am thinking that most of those boys found greener pastures, as Alex has, several nights a week at Mecca.

He only bartends at Dudes on Wednesday and Thursday, and very often it will be just me, Alex, and three dancers. Talk about depressing, but I am just crazy about him, and since we share a mutual passion in racing boats, there is always lots to talk about.

I think I got his name wrong. Is Alex getting his real Estate license? If so that young man is worth the stop!

I think I got his name wrong. Is Alex getting his real Estate license? If so that young man is worth the stop!

No no...Alex has graduated from 'Fire Fighting Academy" and is in pursuit of a career. Jobs are plentiful out-of-state, but he wants to stay in South Florida, so he has to wait for an opening.

I do vaguely remember talking to a bartender awhile back about real estate, and as I recall he was a hottie, but I can't be sure about the name....I believe that he is gone.

Unfortunately we don’t have much in the way of male strip clubs here in the L.A. area. Now Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is a different matter. Anthropology and Wet are the two main strip clubs. If you tip the “dancers” at Anthropology and buy them a drink or two they will let you play around with them. Not as much playing around with the “dancers” at Wet although they are usually better looking and better built. I actually prefer Wet. Both clubs have private rooms for “private shows” which the dancers push during their breaks. It is definitely possible to set up a get together with a “dancer” from both clubs after closing time.

I agree it is quite obnoxious. I am surprised though that its not more common. Most of my buddies are straight so I've been to plenty of straight strip clubs. They're all like that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PhoenixFL

1. Boardwalk, Ft. Lauderdale

2. Stock

3. Campus

4. Warehouse 29, Greensboro, NC (more go-go boys then a strip club, but lots of fun, drag shows and large # of young guys go to the club)

I don't have a fifth one to list, but I still miss The Gaiety as a place to go after a Broadway show.

Thanks for the info about Temple in Prague, as I plan to go to Prague soon.

Unfortunately we don’t have much in the way of male strip clubs here in the L.A. area. Now Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is a different matter. Anthropology and Wet are the two main strip clubs. If you tip the “dancers” at Anthropology and buy them a drink or two they will let you play around with them. Not as much playing around with the “dancers” at Wet although they are usually better looking and better built. I actually prefer Wet. Both clubs have private rooms for “private shows” which the dancers push during their breaks. It is definitely possible to set up a get together with a “dancer” from both clubs after closing time.

Adonis just opened weekly in LA on Wed's!

http://www.TheAdonisLounge.com

Archived