Gay couple elected "cutest couple" at suburban New York high school

maninsoma
This topic is 4024 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Before I read the article, I assumed this was some sort of joke/prank at the high school, but it seems like these guys are genuinely liked and their peers voted them "cutest couple." My, how the times have changed since I was in high school 35 years ago.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/Cutest-Couple-at-NY-high-school-is-2-boys-4573730.php

Good for them!

I applaud and congratulate these two guys, but I don't find both of them to be "Cute." What the students did in voting for them is quite commendable which

does show that these "times are a changing" in various parts of our country. Many youngsters tend to more accepting of gays now than when I was in school

as well as when I was a full-time, permanent educator in the classroom some eleven years ago.

As a retiree I, at times, substitute teach. I'm seeing more and more gay youngsters on the high school campuses and apparently being able to live and go

about their business relatively free of hate and bias from others. Or at least the acceptance is more open than ever!

I applaud and congratulate these two guys, but I don't find both of them to be "Cute." What the students did in voting for them is quite commendable which

does show that these "times are a changing" in various parts of our country. Many youngsters tend to more accepting of gays now than when I was in school

as well as when I was a full-time, permanent educator in the classroom some eleven years ago.

As a retiree I, at times, substitute teach. I'm seeing more and more gay youngsters on the high school campuses and apparently being able to live and go

about their business relatively free of hate and bias from others. Or at least the acceptance is more open than ever!

I also thought they weren't all that "cute" but then I thought that I have no idea what the rest of the student body looked like and, by comparison, they are probably very cute, indeed.

I also thought they weren't all that "cute" but then I thought that I have no idea what the rest of the student body looked like and, by comparison, they are probably very cute, indeed.

Score one for us gays focusing on looks. I'm almost positive that the "cutest couple" award is given to a couple based on their behavior i.e., the adorable hand holding, embracing each other while sitting against a tree and feeding each other, things of that nature. It doesn't refer to their physical appearance at all, usually.

Score one for us gays focusing on looks. I'm almost positive that the "cutest couple" award is given to a couple based on their behavior i.e., the adorable hand holding, embracing each other while sitting against a tree and feeding each other, things of that nature. It doesn't refer to their physical appearance at all, usually.

While I think there's an element of that to it I doubt that physical appearance doesn't matter at all. I don't care how much hand-holding was done, I seriously doubt that a bunch of high schoolers would choose a couple that was fat and ugly as "cutest couple."

As for gays focusing on looks, that's certainly something our community is guilty of ... but not in this case. The issue of looks didn't come up until after a bunch of nice positive comments were made and one can hardly have expected that it wouldn't be commented on when there is a picture of the couple.

Even more impressive, they're both 4.0 students going to NYU in the fall.

For the record, I think they are adorable

I think they're "adorable" as well but not because of they're looks but because of what they're doing and accomplishing as out HS students. Bravo.

Archived