Taboo in Montreal sucked

This topic is 3984 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just came back from 8 days in Montreal. I connected through Toronto, which was a pain in the ass because usually once you pay to "check" your luggage it is automatically transferred to your connecting flight. NOT IN TORONTO. I had to re-claim my baggage, go through customs, and then re-check my baggage on my connecting flight to Montreal. All this on the same airline AIR CANADA. On the way back , I didn't have to do this. Go figure?

My Air Canada Georgian propeller plane was awesome. If you sit in seat 1A you have all the leg room of an exit seat, and then some. The cockpit door was completely wide open, and from my seat I could watch the pilots take-off and land. It was so awesome. The huge Air Canada connecting plane from Toronto to Montreal was one of their new planes where people could actually lay flat and sleep in first class and business class. I've never seen that before. Plus it was neat to watch our plane on the computer screen in front of the seat on the map as it made its way to Montreal. It gave air-speed, miles, travel time ,etc..

If you go to Toronto airport in the morning for a connecting flight, I highly recommend grabbing a Croissant at Camden Food Inc. It is the best croissant I've had in my life. Especially compared to the croissant i had at Apropo on Notre Dame street in Montreal , which was abismal.

Customs was a breeze on the way to Canada. Short line at 9am Wednesday in Toronto; however, on the way back to the USA at 7:30pm Wednesday in Toronto it was a 45 minute line. The customs lady actually had a photo of my checked luggage on her TV screen, which I found amazing.

My flight was delayed 3 hours, so I had a total 5 hour layover in Toronto which sucked. it's not like Chicago OHARE airport with great restaurants. Plus all the TV was talking about the Toronto Mayor smoking crack on video and the $90,000 payment with Prime Minister or whatever.

Anyways, now to my trip in Montreal! I took the 747 bus to downtown. It is $9 for a daily pass on all subways, buses, etc. it's $18 for a 3-day consecutive pass. And it's $24 for a weekly pass which only runs Monday - Sunday.

It's $40 plus tip for a taxi.

Keep in mind these buses are HOT AS HELL and do not use air conditioning. The same goes for 99% of the Montreal taxi drivers. I was sweating like a pig just sitting their. It's about a 40-minute drive to-and-from downtown to the airport.

Plus they had construction on the freeway, so it took an hour coming back to the airport. The metro/subway also is not air conditioned as it is in most developed countries/cities like it is in Toronto.

I rented a beautiful condo in the heart of Old Montreal on Notre Dame street for 8days. I got a fabulous deal for $100 day which included ALL taxes, cleaning fees, deposits, etc. You cant even get a 5-star hotel on Priceline for that price in mid-MAY.

If you're interested, here is the link: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p111110#rates

Please be advised that it is not all "booked up" as the calendar suggests. Just email the owner and she will likely "squeeze you in." It is 1000 square feet and has a personal washer/dryer in unit so you can bring half the clothes. I will also put up pictures on my Facebook page if anyone is interested. It is in one of the best parts of Montreal in my opinion.

The weather was simply amazing for this time of year. Mostly sunny every day and in the low 70's. It did get a little humid a few days.

Jp's (Adonis) CABARET was closed when I went. I never went inside Stock. i went inside Campus twice. The first time some dancer immediately started giving me a shoulder massage, to where I had to physically take my hands and remove his hands off of me...telling him I'm only here to watch. He got pissed.

Second time I decided to go in the afternoon. It was empty. I did pop by one last time that evening and a waiter named Alexandro or Alehandro said he would give me a lap dance for $20, and then a free lap dance. I gave him a $20 USD and he claimed Campus doesn't take USA money, and he wanted an extra $2 USD. I gave it to him and left and never came back as Campus dancers aren't my type.

Taboo had ZERO skinny, young, barely-legal, teenage twinks who were white, blonde-haired, and blue-eyed. It more more like going to the United Nations where every ethnicity was represented. I'm just not attracted to that. The Montreal strip clubs were a complete waste of time and money for me. They looked worst then they did on the Taboo website. I don't recommend Montreal anymore if you're into cute, young, skinny, barely-legal ,boyish, white, blonde-hair, blue-eyed, playful American or Canadian twinks.

American money was on par at Taboo, as it is at almost all restaurants in Montreal as well. That Campus dancer must have just been a scammer; however, to his credit, they also refused my American money at UNITY. I literally had to walk across the street to A&W restaurant and purchase a small soda for $3 in order to get Canadian back and be able to get into UNITY. I was surprised they actually turned me and my American money away over their $7 entry fee, while Taboo and most other establishments don't care.

Only if you're into hispanics, latinos, africans, middle-eastern, etc. Not a single NEW skinny white guy.

Finally, went over to Sky and Unity. These places seriously need to turn on the Air Conditioning. What does Montreal have against air conditioning? As always, Sky and Unity and the metro subway sytem turned out to be my best bet for approaching twinks. The street scene was completely NON-EXISTENT. Also, for total twinks, I highly recommend a place on Ste. Catherine called Fafounes Electriques. The place is crawling with twinks. You just need to have the balls to approach them and start talking. They are usually hanging out with their friends in groups of 4, but this is where I found the cutest boy i had ever seen in my life.

As for the city of Montreal proper, it was nice to see them putting up the decorations in the gay village and closing off Ste Catherine street to vehicles. You can grab a snack and pay 4$ for a Coke with no refills on one of the many wooden decks the establishments built on the street for the summer. It's good for people-watching if you're into that. Just be careful because a few of those new wooden decks they built have lots of creepy-crawler bugs that can crawl up your pant leg and bite, and cause a rash.

I've never scene so many aggressive homeless people than than this time around. There are more homeless than twinks. I also witnessed another stabbing, this time in broad daylight, on Ste Catherine, with tons of tourist around. A black woman asked this white tourist for money, and when she refused, she got stabbed and fell to the ground. All of this in broad daylight on the start of Patriots day Friday at 5pm with tons of tourist around. Of course the cops, fire, ambulance all responded immediately. I took a few photos.

It was also Patriots/Victoria day holiday in Canada, but Taboo was empty!! I kid you not.

Taboo had a dancer named "Max" who was this straight construction worker who is about 5'5" tall and totally not attractive. Then a dancer named "Wil" who had the worst breath in the entire world every single night. If you're going to dance, at least be conscience about these things. All the dancers complained about how no one wanted to take them in the back. Well news flash, you have to be cute for customers to want to spend their hard-earned cash on you.

They have the Mr Taboo contest every Wednesday night. That same Old guy who host has been doing it for more than a decade now. Taboo had two new hispanic twinks which were semi-cute and i took both of them in the back. Also a Mediteranean-type guy who worked at the Keg restaurant as a cook in Ottawa was semi-cute. They just werent my type. I broke my rule of only taking dancers who are 110% my type in the back room.

A couple of the customers at Taboo were cuter than the dancers ,and were willing to go to your hotel, but they were the strung-out druggy type. The only person I really like at Taboo is Stefan the waiter. He is awesome, especially when and if you get to know his story. Jerry the owner seemed more interested in the cute twinks than the customers, and I will never forgive Jerry and Diego for not replacing my drink, or even apologizing, when one of their dancers spilled my $10 drink on me last time.

Some awesome people like Jake on this message board complain about their friend traveling hundreds of miles for 3 days in Ft Lauderdale for a "dead scene", try traveling thousands of miles and 8 days for a dead-scene. At least I had the restaurants and straight guys to fall back on at Crescent street. I just get the vibe that Montrealers (as a whole) are rather dirty people.

I ate at some fabulous restaurants, and some nasty ones too. The nasty: Dunns, Appropo, Pizza-something on the corner of Ste Catherine and Beaudry, and Le Fripon heated terrace in Old Montreal Jacque cartier Place Depuis. It's like eating in a sauna and the food is terrible. Do not eat at any of these tourists-trap places.

$15 for a croque-monsier sandwhich and a $4 stale Coke with no refills.

Some amazing places were my usual faves: The Keg in Old Montreal on St. Paul street. It is one of the best restaurants in the world. Amazing Pina Colodas and "oscar topping" of seafood, scallops, shrimp in a bernaise sauce on top of your rice pilaf and filet mignon. The Billy Minor pie was amazing too.

I also recommend Les 3 Brasseurs (the 3 brewers) pizza place just a block away. Le Jardin Nelson is also amazing in the heart of Old Montreal Place Depuis where the street performers and artist are. Most other places are total tourist traps, such as Gibby's restaurant.

Another amazing find was a place near Cresent street called AMIR. It is awesome Lebanese food open after the clubs close at 3am and for only $8 you get a chicken/beef combo plate. It was amazing and cheap for Montreal prices.

The water-pressure was pretty bad and weak in my shower at my condo in Montreal, especially compared to the fire-hose type strong water pressure I'm used to in Detroit. Plus there's nothing like avoiding stepping in peoples vomit on the sidewalk and entry-walk to McDonalds at 4am , right after all the college kids puke on the streets. People freely piss on the sidewalks on the street in Montreal. So nasty!! Am i wrong?

On my last day in Old Montreal, the water turned completely brown IN EVERY FAUCET! Every thing was mud-brown coming out of the kitchen sink, bathroom sink, shower, washer, dishwasher, and toilet. 2 full hours later, after-the-fact, an announcement came over the buildings Public Address system in French saying something to the affect of "don't drink the contaminated water or bathe in it."

When I went outside, every single fire hydrant was opened and flooding the streets of Old Montreal in an apparent effort to clear the mudy water from th edrinking system I suppose. Restaurant in the tourist-trap areas of Old Montreal couldn't serve soda anymore from their soda-fountain machines because the city of Montreal told them the water was contaminated. How lovely.

Thank God this happened only 4 hours before I was to leave Montreal; however, I couldn't take shower before my flight or wash my weeks worth of clothing.

I will post pictures and videos on my facebook page after I upload them if anyone is interested. If I could do it again, i would have saved the thousands of dollars and stayed home and likely went to Gold Coast in Detroit. But the city of Montreal is always a nice playground irregardless of the strip clubs. I enjoyed the beautiful art galleries and purchased a $7,000 painting.

And to those who notice I never seem to "have a good time at strip clubs" whenever I go to Montreal....you're right. It just will never be the same as it was when I first went in 2005. Apparently I just didn't want to accept that fact.

I do enjoy the 100% non-smoking law in Montreal in clubs and restaurants, but people will still smoke freely while dining right next to you while you're eating in those outdoor places in front of the restaurant.

A few more great restaurants on the other side of town on St. Laurent (the Main) are: The Globe, Bueno Notte, The med, Shed Cafe, and Le Club Chasse et Peche.

So I've been here for 6 hours. TOTALLY opposite. I think you just need to stay away from Montreal. We went to Taboo, saw 6 or 7 hot twinks. I'll do a full review later.

Skinny, white, blonde and blue-eyed? I highly doubt it!

Of course Taboo has twinks, just not white ones....or cute ones for that matter. Just look at their website for God sakes! But then again, as YOU know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'll go where I please :)

That would be like me telling you to stay away from Ft. Lauderdale.

As I mentioned earlier, I go to Montreal for the restaurants and art, not just for the strip clubs.

I find it puzzling that anyone would spend thousands of dollars making multiple trips to the same destination that they clearly detest. Then post a nauseating long critical review. It’s a big world. I’d be exploring it.

Seems the OP doesn't realize one clears immigration & customs at the first port of entry when arriving on an international flight. Pretty basic stuff really. Anyway, I didn't bother reading the rest of his posts as I knew what would be coming.

Seems the OP doesn't realize one clears immigration & customs at the first port of entry when arriving on an international flight. Pretty basic stuff really. Anyway, I didn't bother reading the rest of his posts as I knew what would be coming.

Could your nose be any higher in the air?

I find it puzzling that anyone would spend thousands of dollars making multiple trips to the same destination that they clearly detest. Then post a nauseating long critical review. It’s a big world. I’d be exploring it.

Right...I detest eating gourmet meals and purchasing $7000 paintings. I just DETEST it so....

I would have found you some real twinks at Unity, SKY, the Metro, and Foufounes Electroniques!! LOL :p

I'm still waiting to hear about ALL those NUMEROUS, good-looking, skinny, barely-legal, teenage, WHITE , BLONDE HAIRED, BLUE EYED, CAUCASIAN authentic Canadian and American TWINKS that are so much in ABUNDANCE at Taboo??

By the way hispanic doesn't qualify as "white."

Please name all that new fresh WHITE meat at Taboo that you speak of!

Still waiting to be proven wrong.....

Seems the OP doesn't realize one clears immigration & customs at the first port of entry when arriving on an international flight. Pretty basic stuff really.

I cleared customs in Toronto both going to Montreal and also while coming back to the USA genius. This topic was discussed at length well prior to my trip.

Dude.....you really are a lost cause.

Dude...

You're the one who wants "first dibs" at strip clubs so you don't get sloppy seconds, as if the thousands of "customers" a stripper has had in his past will just "wash away" with a quick shower and make him Zest fully clean! Talk about LOST causes...

Dude!

Wow. Just... Wow. TOP seems awful in so many ways. And the customs bit was just the start. He is AMERICAN so he'd only have to recheck coming in, not leaving duh. And being in Canada and being mad a place does not take US money? And so many racist comments... It's awful.

Wow. Just... Wow. TOP seems awful in so many ways. And the customs bit was just the start. He is AMERICAN so he'd only have to recheck coming in, not leaving duh. And being in Canada and being mad a place does not take US money? And so many racist comments... It's awful.

EZ *cough* I mean goosh69, Americans had to recheck their luggage in Toronto BOTH ways just a few years ago (if they were connecting in Toronto) according to the TSA agents I spoke with. Furthermore, this was discussed at length on this message board prior to my departure. There's even an announcement over the public address system in the Toronto airport saying that Americans NO LONGER have to recheck their luggage on the way back. Obviously this is a NEW feature or else it wouldn't be on their PSA system genius. So don't make it sound like you're so high-and-mighty big shooter. Grow up!

And yes, even the tiny town of Windsor, Ontario takes American money at par. Most clubs and restaurants and grocery stores in Montreal will gladly take American money at par, so yes I was pissed that the minimum-wage earning losers at Campus and Unity didn't take my American while most EVERYONE else in the cosmopolitan city HAPPILY does.

Finally, just like Jake couldn't name one-single American, or Canadian skinny, WHITE, blonde-haired, blue-eyed, barely-legal, teenage twink (since there were SO MANY NUMEROUS 18-21 real TWINKS at Taboo according to Jake!!) ....I will also defy you to find one, single, "RACIST" statement I've made in my entire lifetime!

Being attracted exclusively to skinny WHITE twinks does NOT make one racist or close-minded. It's a preference I'm proud of. There's absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of liking only white guys or dating within your own race if that's what you're exclusively attracted to. Duh!

That's like people telling gays they should be more open-minded and date girls. Nonsense!

Bitter? Table for one? Wise up!

I was in Montreal, a city I LOVE, for 8 days and I gave a World-classs report. I know what I saw, and more importantly I know what I didn't see. Next time I won't even bother giving a report, since a lot of people here only want positive fluff stories that aren't even true, as if they're working the Montreal Chamber of Commerce.

By the way, how's the drinking water Jake? Is it back to normal in Montreal?

I'm at Taboo right now (my first visit ever) and most dancers are young, skinny, white guys lol.

Yes but they don't all have blond hair and blue eyes and didn't turn 18 in the past 48 hours, so that makes them unacceptable. ;) Have fun man! Can't wait to hear your stories!

Yes but they don't all have blond hair and blue eyes and didn't turn 18 in the past 48 hours, so that makes them unacceptable. ;) Have fun man! Can't wait to hear your stories!

Exactly....and Hispanic isn't "white."

I'm glad your experience differs from mine. As with any strip club, the scene can change from month-to-month.

I prefer to find the real twinks, with adorable french accents ,at a place on Ste. Catherine street called Foufounes Electriques. I found the most beautiful Quebecois twink boy of my life at that venue.

I'll take the word of someone who's actually lived in Montreal for 8 years and obviously knows the scene inside-and-out...the twinks are gone. I don't think he would have sold, and left, if the case was the other way around. Wouldn't you agree? Common sense really.

It's certainly been my experience since 2007; and the reason I only visit Montreal once a year instead of 4 times a year....and hence the reason most people completely stopped going to Montreal for twinks all together.

Campus and Stock, on the other hand, have plenty of muscle guys....if you're into that.

I don't know why Jake likes beating this topic to death like a dead horse....

Anyone can get lucky and have a nice weekend at Taboo; however ,as discussed on the other site by numerous other people who were their the same 8 days I was, the twink-lovers were disappointed.

Taboo is not the twink haven it use to be from 2000-2005. I have better luck finding twinks online and at straight venues, and it's much cheaper.

Jake is looking forward to your stories of success at Taboo this weekend so he can claim VICTORY!! LMAO....and completely ignore the experiences of people who have lived their 8 years , along with the several other reports on that "other" site haha...

• 2 weeks later...
Yes but they don't all have blond hair and blue eyes and didn't turn 18 in the past 48 hours, so that makes them unacceptable. ;)

It depends on what your definition of a twink is? For most of us, a twink is a skinny, white, teenage, cute, boyish-looking, playful young man under 21. From your recent post, it appears you don't mind the chunky older "twinks" that in my opinion have no business stripping at Taboo.

Archived