Guilty pleasures in airport dining

Chris Eisenhower
This topic is 4019 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I don't fly as much as I used to, I've noticed that airports have all added these pub style eateries. That's where I enjoy going to get a burger platter or other sandwich platter at the bar. They're not gourmet, but are very good with just the right amount of food when travelling--plus you meet some very interesting people.

Boston Bill

The biggest problem when I drink Sapphire (neat) is I lose my rationalization and loosen my britches!

A problem is the relation between human will and reality. When will and reality do not coincide, the resolution of this gap between reality and will is the solution of the problem. A problem implies a desired outcome coupled with an apparent deficiency, doubt or inconsistency that prevents the outcome from taking place. -- Wikipedia

So where's the problem?! :D

You know my mother!?!? LOL!

lol lol...

The biggest problem when I drink Sapphire (neat) is I lose my rationalization and loosen my britches!

Sapphire (neat)...another good idea, and speaking of britches, Sapphire is one of the few drinks that just makes me scandalous.

Yes, my roommate is constantly over-serving the Sapphire, it's not my fault.

Ah yes, another American who begs us not to hold him accountable! "It's not my fault." Isn't that a paraphrase of the line in Smelly Cat sung to immortal fame by Phoebe on Friends these (already) many years gone by?

Hendricks gin? Haven't tried that.

Its the end of the day for me and I made the mistake of checking this thread and...well...I'm thirsty again...so...I'm pouring a gin & tonic right after I post this :)

Good thing I didn't read the above comments in the morning before work !!

That burger place in the Delta terminal at LaGuardia is the best I've had so far.

The "Out bound" leg @ San Francisco International Airport..."Lark Creek Grill"...Crispy Fried Monterey Calamari with a couple of Bombay Sapphire tonics.

That sounds incredible. Which terminal?

Ah yes, another American who begs us not to hold him accountable! "It's not my fault." Isn't that a paraphrase of the line in Smelly Cat sung to immortal fame by Phoebe on Friends these (already) many years gone by?

A) I'm not begging anybody for anything. B) That phrase you quoted out-of-context when combined with the rest of the phrase and in relationship to the back and forth with BVB would represent Ironic Humor. C) I am not a Friends aficionado.

Again with humorous inflection, "Yes, my roommate is constantly over-serving the Sapphire, it's not my fault."

Sorry for being off topic here, but...it's been awhile but I have been in and out of the Milwaukee airport too many times to count - flying in frequently for one of my company's subsidiaries and then taking a year's assignment based in Milwaukee. While based there, most of my flights were grueling 2 or3 leg flights for work to San Francisco or south central Washington state. I would work all day and then leave around 4pm CST and arrive 10-12pm PST. My favorite thing in the Milwaukee airport was the 20-ish Puerto Rican bottom boy who worked there and ended up being my naked housekeeper. Again, sorry for for being off topic, but thanks for the memories. For many reasons, the Milwaukee airport is one of my favorite, most navigable airports. I remember the night we landed in snow so heavy that it would have closed most other airports for a day and I had to follow a snow plow on I-94 to make it home. The only thing I could see were the lights on the plow. I miss the old, now defunct, Midwest Express flights from NYC with extra wide seats, steak dinners and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

... My favorite thing in the Milwaukee airport was the 20-ish Puerto Rican bottom boy who worked there and ended up being my naked housekeeper. ...I miss the old, now defunct, Midwest Express flights from NYC with extra wide seats, steak dinners and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

...I miss the old, now defunct, Midwest Express flights from NYC with extra wide seats, steak dinners and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

Boy, I do too. I lived in Madison, Wi for 3 years in the late 90's. I used to fly Midwest whenever it had a comparable rate to American. Two years ago I was on a Republic flight- the no frills airline that took over Midwest. They did serve cookies on that one flight but they were stone cold. I thought to myself then how much I missed Midwest. The drink cart on that plane had an old Midwest sticker on it. I mentioned to the flight attendant how much I had always enjoyed Midwest. She said she had formerly worked on Midwest and missed it too.

Aside from missing Midwest Airlines, I wish I had had a naked Puerto Rican housekeeper to miss now ;). Maybe one of these days, I'll be lucky enough to have a naked housekeeper. And I'm not prejudiced, he won't have to be Puerto Rican. :)

Gman

A) I'm not begging anybody for anything. B) That phrase you quoted out-of-context when combined with the rest of the phrase and in relationship to the back and forth with BVB would represent Ironic Humor. C) I am not a Friends aficionado.

Again with humorous inflection, "Yes, my roommate is constantly over-serving the Sapphire, it's not my fault."

Actually, your roommate sounds like my kind of guy. And I find that ultimately "Fault" is a non-issue in these matters.

Archived