NYC XL lounge new event starting May12th Male Strippers and lap dances

Cooper
This topic is 4019 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Always read the fine print. At the bottom of the XL ad for the Sunday event it says, "Dancers provided in partnership with Adonis Lounge"... IMO, I was hoping to see some new dancers at XL, not the same ones you can see Wednesday and Saturday nights at Evolve...

How come Denise always found an endless supply of dancers for the Gaiety? Someone needs to bring her out of retirement or get ahold of her little black book. Boy would that be worth a few $$$.

I think most of those guys would be a little long in the tooth for lap dances these days. I hope they've all gone to have happy and productive lives.

My recollection of the Gaiety is that the best boys were from Canada, both Montreal and Toronto. You only see Canadians rarely in New York nowadays.

Well, it appears there maybe some uncertainty about this being an on-going weekly event. My initial reaction is that this is a tryout to see how well it is attended.

Since there has been some criticism to the Adonis Lounge dancers, another event scheduled on Sunday May 5 for Broadway Bares at 9PM may well be the an enticement, although, I doubt there'll be lap dances. But, it's for a charity and thus tax deductible! I wonder how you prove you slipped a $100 bucks down a dancers brief? Cell phone photo? LOL

http://broadwaycares.org/bares2013solostrips?erid=1973450&trid=9b88ec06-c515-450c-b85a-270ada69578c

ED

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anyone else attend?

I had a ticket for a new musical at Playwright's Horizon right down the block so I went to XL after the show. Arrived around 10PM and the club was very busy. The place is huge, so there was lots of room to move around. Tables were set up in front of the stage and almost all were taken. Banquette seating available near the left hand side bar and many stood near the bar or under the DJ booth where the sightlines to the stage are excellent.

Good show. A nice mix of strippers and burlesque numbers. Not a lot of pause in between dancers. The show moved along very well. Some familiar faces among the dancers, some new and a couple, unexpected. Ace, former 20C waiter now dancing at XL Sundays, and Matt, the 19 yr old cute Adonis Lounge waiter dancing, too. Great music, if a little loud. Lap dancers available on the left had side in what I assume is the VIP section.

It was a fun event and I'll be back.

ED

XL Sunday, May 19th

http://www.xlnightclub.com/wp-content/uploads/event/39d0875a88df04-28-2013-strip-n-grind---generic2.jpg

XL is located on 42nd St. between 10th and 11th Avenues. Perhaps the nicest night club that's currently hosting male dancers.

I'll get the negative out of the way... I'm a firm believer in truth in advertising... The XL ad states the doors open at 6pm. Last night, the doors opened at 8pm leaving customers out in the rain for over 2 hours. There is a hotel close by called "Out" which does have a small lobby where some of us waited or you could have waited in the Police Station which is next door... Obviously, the advertised 2-4-1 drink special didn't happen as that's only from 6-7pm... The ad mentions 30+ dancers. Maybe there were 12.

With that said, I had a really good time... The club is modern and spacious. There's a large stage with a runway. Tables and chairs are set around the stage plus there's more seating by the bar and in the rear.... The lighting is state of the art but he music was way too loud... The dancers ranged from twink to medium muscular. All were good looking and none were pushy... The lap dance area is in the rear corner, it's comfortable, semi-private, and dark... The rest rooms are ultra modern with 2 levels.

Since there weren't that many dancers, I got to see each of them perform on stage a few times. Each time they entered their show got a bit more erotic and revealing... The dancers were announced by Christian, the very handsome and friendly emcee. Many of us know him for the 20 Club and Splash... Vic is the manager. He gave our table a complimentary bottle of champagne. It was most appreciated... Otherwise, mixed drinks will set you back $14. Also, each table received a free box of popcorn... Cover is $10 and coat check is $3.

I'm looking forward to attending again and, hopefully, there won't be any negative reporting. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

Coop :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Xl 6.2.13

Sunday, June 2nd marked the 3rd time XL hosted it's "Strip-n-Grind" show.

This Sunday the club opened at 6pm and the stage shows started around 7:30pm.

There were about 10 dancers in the lineup. A couple of dancers were there at 7:30 and the rest arrived later.

Most of the dancers I recognized from other clubs. Among those dancing (I didn't get all the names) were:

Blaze

Mike

Collin

Bryce

Enrique

Manuel

and, with a little coaxing from the patrons, both Victorious (manager) and Christian (emcee) hit the stage to show off their stuff.

Added to the stage was a pole. Collin, a boy next door type, put on a very talented pole dance show.

The lineup consisted of mostly medium builds with the only exception being Mike, a bigger and more muscular dancer... The Italian lovers, Enrique and Manuel, were back dancing after their brief hiatus. Both have been working out and have solid builds.

I checked out the champagne room. The house charge is $100 for 20 minutes plus a tip for the dancer. The room is semi dark with about 8 large comfortable sofas. When you're doing your private dance, it's not all that private as others in the room can easily see you.

I realize customers don't go to strip clubs to eat but if you're interested, there are menus on each table and the food comes from the OUT Hotel's restaurant called "KTCHN". It was very good.

Strip-n-Grind is a work in progress. Getting the word out about this new club is imperative to it's survival. It's nice to attend a club when there are only a few patrons as it gives you full access to the dancers but, in reality, the more dancers, the more customers and visa versa.

XL is a modern and spacious night club. All the details were done to perfection.

Hope this information helps.

Coop

Would this be a good spot to pick up a stripper for some private hotel room action? Curious to know what NYC club would be worth visiting to make an $offer$ to a twink or young muscle guy in return for fun at my hotel? Any ideas guys? In NYC later this month

Good question... Back in the days of the Gaiety that's exactly how it worked. You'd see the dancer perform on stage then, before or after his stage show, you'd talk to him in the lounge and try to work out an arrangement... The NYC male strip clubs that I attend no longer work that way. The dancers are in the club working the entire night. They are available for lap dances and private show in the champagne room.

To answer your question about meeting "twink or young muscle" types, you'll find a few at all the NYC male strip clubs mentioned in this Forum. The best way to find out if the dancer would be interested in a hotel visit would be to simply ask. I'm sure the dancers are asked that question numerous times.

You mentioned you'll be in NYC later this month. The Gay Pride Parade is Sunday, June 30th. http://www.nycpride.org/events... Many events are held prior to that. Should be a fun time to be in NYC. Enjoy your trip.

Coop

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ed for the heads up on Strip n Grind and I agree with Taz that this was a great club to host a male stripper event... Seems NYC is losing the battle to bring new venues to the Big Apple. We've seen the private parties come to an end, the Muscle Mania show at Splash Bar terminated, and now, after only 4 Sundays, the Strip n Grind event at XL is canceled.

Archived