Can't make this stuff up... Gay Sauna as Part of the Holy City

cany10011
This topic is 4091 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well if I was locked up with those guys in the red robes in that musty old Sistine Chapel, and we were just hangin' around waiting to cast our ballots (and praying that we actually elected some poor hapless guy to be the new Pope) - and God knows all that smoke from burning the ballots and stuff, well geez, I'd be headin' to the sauna for a little schvitz myself. After all, cleanliness IS next to godliness. Who knows, maybe God/the gods would smile on me and one of those too cute Swiss guard types with the kissy outfits would be there taking the vapors too. Heck, a cardinal can dream, can't he?

So there really IS an "Our Lady of the Vapors"! And how convenient for the Cardinal and clerics who have apartments in the building. Nothing like being able to perform, um, devotions 24-hours a day! "Our Lady" probably has also been providing convenient and discreet "take-out" service to its neighbors! Honestly, I thought I had such a great deal because my apartment came with its own washer and dryer! Obviously I've been settling for too little and need to move to Rome, presto!

So there really IS an "Our Lady of the Vapors"! And how convenient for the Cardinal and clerics who have apartments in the building. Nothing like being able to perform, um, devotions 24-hours a day! "Our Lady" probably has also been providing convenient and discreet "take-out" service to its neighbors! Honestly, I thought I had such a great deal because my apartment came with its own washer and dryer! Obviously I've been settling for too little and need to move to Rome, presto!

Probably lots of kneeling in prayer or some such activity that involves getting on one's knees. Then too perhaps they have special cubicles for "confessional" purposes.

The Vatican owns 19 apartments in one block in Rome after buying a £21million share of the building in 2008. Meanwhile the poor in places like the Philippines and India scavenge through waste dumps to try to provide for the children the Church says they must continue to have!

Goodfella

Archived