Eve says Adam too sexy for Apple - gayromeo blocked

ragazzolupo
This topic is 4088 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Got this message from gayromeo yesterday. AOL is not the only cybergang in the censorship business.

I was thinking about posting this when I saw Chris Eisenhower's post about AOL.

When: 02. Mar. 2013 - 11:27

Hey Romeos,

Tough news. We received a call from Apple on Friday afternoon. As you may know, they don't allow sexually explicit images in apps for iPhone and iPad. We've always complied by blocking pictures rated XXX from appearing in app profiles, but apparently that's not enough for them. Surprisingly they now say they aren't willing to accept even soft core pictures, and if all nudity is not scrubbed from our app in the next 48 hours it will be taken down. You guys are just too sexy for the censors of Silicon Valley!

As a result we immediately also had to block soft core pictures from appearing on the Apple iOS app. This is frustrating, but please don't flame us in the reviews! We would love to show everything, but Apple just doesn't allow it. Our hands are tied.

These changes have no impact for our Android app. Soft-core photos will continue to appear there. One alternative that allows you to view all photos on a mobile device is to use our mobile browser version at touch.planetromeo.com.

We will continue to support and update our iOS app. We know how annoying it is to see all those "TOO HOT" messages and we will fix it so that they no longer appear in our upcoming update around Easter. We hope for your understanding. It's not easy taking on Goliath.

Thank you.

The PlanetRomeo team.

(Note: You can't reply to this message

A few years ago I heard a technology commentator describe Apple as a "walled garden" and "gated community." It really is true, as evidenced my the message you received.

I recently switched to Apple products because I like the seamless interoperability of the iPhone, iPad, and iMac through iCloud. That said, the interoperability is due to their control over content and use of proprietary apps. I did not find the switch to be the cataclysmic experience many people describe and I find their prudishness to be rather silly.

A few years ago I heard a technology commentator describe Apple as a "walled garden" and "gated community." It really is true, as evidenced my the message you received.

That's the way it's described but there's cracks in that there wall, or apps like GRINDR (et. al.) would've been disallowed as well.

It's really inconsistent, which their detractors will be only too happy to point out.

Archived