I need to heat things up in my life so ...

Dane Scott
This topic is 4093 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am leaving Chicago and moving to Palm Springs. Still sounds crazy when I say it. If you were in my inner circle you would be quite tired of hearing about it.

This is all Oliver’s doing. He introduced me to the desert in 2007. Since then I have made many trips back and have made quite a few friends. I have always wanted to live in California.

Remember Peoples Express Airlines? Well in 1984 a nervous 18 year old that looked like a mini John Oates flew one-way to LA because that is where I wanted to start my “grown-up” life. Ten months later I ran running back home to Mommy.

I’ve enjoyed these five years in Chicago and have met some amazing clients. When leaving New York it was hard to leave these relationships behind and it’s happening again as I leave Chicago. Boundaries have always been respected, but you do get close to people and it just plain sucks to say good-bye.

I will stop seeing clients the end of April and will take the summer off to spend time with friends and family. The actual move will hopefully take place late July or August.

Thank you Chicago for 5 great years, and for keeping my bed nice and warm during our very long winters.

Dane Scott

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am leaving Chicago and moving to Palm Springs. Still sounds crazy when I say it. If you were in my inner circle you would be quite tired of hearing about it.

This is all Oliver’s doing. He introduced me to the desert in 2007. Since then I have made many trips back and have made quite a few friends. I have always wanted to live in California.

Remember Peoples Express Airlines? Well in 1984 a nervous 18 year old that looked like a mini John Oates flew one-way to LA because that is where I wanted to start my “grown-up” life. Ten months later I ran running back home to Mommy.

I’ve enjoyed these five years in Chicago and have met some amazing clients. When leaving New York it was hard to leave these relationships behind and it’s happening again as I leave Chicago. Boundaries have always been respected, but you do get close to people and it just plain sucks to say good-bye.

I will stop seeing clients the end of April and will take the summer off to spend time with friends and family. The actual move will hopefully take place late July or August.

Thank you Chicago for 5 great years, and for keeping my bed nice and warm during our very long winters.

Dane Scott

You will love PS, and besides, Oliver is there, so how bad can it be. AND our long lost and beloved Lucky still remains a captive to the beauty of the area. You will be in good company, with Charlie and so many others. Safe travels.

Here’s to you, Dane, as you continue through your life and make the move to Palm Springs. You are a truly multi-dimensional, classy guy who knows how to make those he comes in contact with happy that they get to spend time with you! Everyone in PS is so lucky they will have you living amongst them! Best wishes to you as you relocate and always, my friend. :cool:

I do think a warning should go out to all businesses in the PS area to watch out for their stuffed bears. Dane has been known to fondle them.

In all honesty the rest the Chicago gentlemen will have it easier without Dane around. He is one of the nicest and most professional gentleman that I have had the pleasure of knowing. He is a beautiful man both in and out of the bed, it will be sad to see him leave.

Sorry to see you leave Chicago, but I know you will love Palm Springs, except maybe in the heat of the summer, but that is when you should plan your visits to the Windy City, the Big Apple, DC, Boston, etc. where you will still be welcomed with open arms and as Charlie said... other parts of your anatomy too ... best wishes for the summer and your move. The Midwest's loss is California's gain. But please, stay in touch here.

Archived