Do No Harm

dannyboynyc
This topic is 4116 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've watched the first two episodes of Do No Harm. The storylines are fantastic! Steven Pasquale seems to have lots of shirtless - and less - scenes, which also helps.

Steven Pasquale rings my gaydar - any info about him?

Glad you liked it. It was canceled by NBC this morning. Had the worst premiere in their recent history.

http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2007/06/05/previews/Steve%20Pasquale-JTM-026412.jpg

http://www.thecelebarchive.net/public/ca/steven%20pasquale/34huyyd552lgsyt45sgmxae552926232072009871.jpg

don't know the story behind this second shot, but Google Images says one of the dudes is our guy

Damn - sorry to hear it's cancelled. The second episode made me thing the series was going to get more interesting - Jason would take on Ian's personality traits. But, I guess we'll never find out where the series is going . . .

I do admit that the main attraction was seeing Steven Pasquale unclothed - he was lying on the front of a boat in a tight swimsuit in the second episode.

I have read he's married - but, there are other gay guys who are married as a cover. That picture of him and the other guy is hot!

http://www.thecelebarchive.net/public/ca/steven%20pasquale/34huyyd552lgsyt45sgmxae552926232072009871.jpg

don't know the story behind this second shot, but Google Images says one of the dudes is our guy

The guy in the t-shirt is Michael C. Hall. This is a capture from an episode of Six Feet Under.

Is it just me, or does Steve Pasquale's nose look different in the most recent picture from the photo from 'Six Feet Under.'

So far no one has mentioned that he was the first choice for the male lead in the Tony Award musical, 'Light in the Piazza' on Broadway. The role went to Matthew Morrison, when Pasquale was signed for TV's 'Resue Me' with Denis Leary. Now sure that was a good choice, except financially.

Do you have any idea what I would be willing to pay for a sarcasm font? Know them? I am them. As are virtually all my best friends here.

In defense of operalover21, I read almost everything you post even though we do not know each other in person. I thought I had learned a lot about you...all good and life affirming. But, I was still surprised when you wrote, '"As are virtually all my best friends here." I understand the connection with those who have so much in common with you, but how about everyone else here?

So far no one has mentioned that he was the first choice for the male lead in the Tony Award musical, 'Light in the Piazza' on Broadway. The role went to Matthew Morrison, when Pasquale was signed for TV's 'Resue Me' with Denis Leary. Not sure that was a good choice, except financially.

I think Pasquale would have been much better suited to Piazza from a vocal standpoint - Morrison had to make compromises to sing the highest parts of the role. (Something that made sense for the lighter 60's pop singing in Hairspray but less so for the more operatic outpourings of Fabrizio in Piazza, though he made it work ok.) Both Morrison's successors in the role - Aaron Lazar (who did the PBS telecast) and David Burnham (who also toured with the show) were vocally much much better choices. I saw Burnham on the tour, having never heard him before, and was blown away vocally. (And of course that character has a short but quite visible shirtless moment right at the end of Act I of the show.)

I first heard Pasquale's wonderful voice on the cast recording of the underappreciated musical The Spitfire Grill. No shirtless moments in that show, lol, but a great score (and a great show in general).

I didn't even know about this (now defunct) NBC series...ah, well...

I think Pasquale would have been much better suited to Piazza from a vocal standpoint - Morrison had to make compromises to sing the highest parts of the role. (Something that made sense for the lighter 60's pop singing in Hairspray but less so for the more operatic outpourings of Fabrizio in Piazza, though he made it work ok.) Both Morrison's successors in the role - Aaron Lazar (who did the PBS telecast) and David Burnham (who also toured with the show) were vocally much much better choices. I saw Burnham on the tour, having never heard him before, and was blown away vocally. (And of course that character has a short but quite visible shirtless moment right at the end of Act I of the show.)

I first heard Pasquale's wonderful voice on the cast recording of the underappreciated musical The Spitfire Grill. No shirtless moments in that show, lol, but a great score (and a great show in general).

I didn't even know about this (now defunct) NBC series...ah, well...

I'll disagree, of course. I didn't care for Lazar at all. Either vocally or visually. I thought it a shame that Morrison didn't come back for the telecast. Same with South Pacific. He replacement there was quite inadequate as well.

In defense of operalover21, I read almost everything you post even though we do not know each other in person. I thought I had learned a lot about you...all good and life affirming. But, I was still surprised when you wrote, '"As are virtually all my best friends here." I understand the connection with those who have so much in common with you, but how about everyone else here?

Hopefully it was taken as gentle kidding and mocking of myself (hence the rolling eyes :rolleyes:). If not, I apologize. I know and appreciate everyone here of course (well, almost all). I have learned from virtually everyone here, whether they have been out most or their lives, newly out, or still married. But of the guys I'm closest with, the guys who I am friends with off the forum as well, I can think of only one has never been married. I doubt that is what drew is together, but it just is what it is. And to think when I joined here 2-1/2 years ago, ,I was convinced I was the only married gay man in America. Boy did this place destroy that idea quickly.

I completely agree. I saw David Burnham perform at a very early preview of 'Light in the Piazza,' when Matthew Morrison was out. I was disappointed at first, but not after hearing and seeing Burnham perform. Despite some fractured ribs, I did finally see Morrison in Piazza...his final performance in the musical. Let me just say Morrison was right for Fabrizio as to looks.

And I am glad I made the extra effort to see Morrison, even if I am sorry that Pasquale and Burnham did not get the chance to originate the role.

Big fan of Steven Pasquale, but didn't care for "Do No Harm". Saw him on stage in "Reasons to be Pretty", but, unfortunately it was not a musical. Loved the episodes of "Rescue Me" when he sang and I purchased the CD album he did a couple of years ago. He is married to Laura Benanti who also has quite a stage career, I've seen her in both plays and musicals.

Same with South Pacific. He replacement there was quite inadequate as well.

I only saw the telecast, and with that I would agree - I think that the production got a lot of things right, but didn't have an adequate Cable. I don't know how Morrison was in general in the role, but I don't like his contemporary vocal take on "Younger Than Springtime" on the recording. The wrong style for the music in context of the score.

I *am* glad that WilliamM agrees with me about David Burnham, though - he was magnificent in the touring production. Also, the touring Clara, Katie Rose Clark, had gotten much stronger in the role since Broadway (she was also on the telecast and at the time I really wish it had been Kelli O'Hara instead, but Clark was much better by the time of the tour).

Interesting about the tour - Margaret was played by Christine Andreas, who was certainly competent but not quite the force of nature that Victoria Clark was on Broadway. So for me, while the Broadway production seemed to be "about" Margaret and her story, in a sense, the storytelling shifted a bit on tour and it seemed to become more about the young lovers. It worked both ways, but it was just interesting to see how the different strengths in the performers gave the show a different "spin" as it were.

Sorry...we were talking about Pasquale, weren't we? ;-)

I only saw the telecast, and with that I would agree - I think that the production got a lot of things right, but didn't have an adequate Cable. I don't know how Morrison was in general in the role, but I don't like his contemporary vocal take on "Younger Than Springtime" on the recording. The wrong style for the music in context of the score.

I believe we are still on topic, sort of, because if Steve Pasquale was available there's a good change he would have played Lt Cable in the "South Pacific" revival. I did see the revival at Lincoln Center several times. Initially, Matthew Morrison was overplaying the effects of malaria, but it was probably the director's fault. I would call his performance adequate.

When I saw "South Pacific" the second time, I was seated next to an elderly woman, Bernice Saunders, who was in the chorus of the original production of "South Pacific" with Mary Martin and Ezio Pinza. I was looking forward to her opinion. She was very positive and upbeat. Ms. Saunders never graduated beyond the chous. But, she was in many shows as successful as "South Pacific" (not easy to do). I could understand why Richard Rodgers and Mary Martin kept hiring her; she was a joy to be around.

Archived