Atlanta update - Bliss is dead

atlantaobserver
This topic is 4131 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So, the owner of swinging Richards, CB Jones has decided to kill the competition. He has re-hired Matt Colunga as manager. As I understand it, Matt will be bringing 8 to 10 of the best dancers at Bliss and potentially some of the staff.

Bliss is a smaller club but a nicer facility. It would never be able to draw 300 to 400 on a weekend night but it had definitely begun to draw a group of regulars that actually spent money. Most of whom used to be regulars at Richards. It was clearly hurting the northside drive ballet financially.

About the only person other than Matt that I believe could keep Bliss going is JJ, who has been the dj since Matt left and was recently given control of hiring and firing dancers. over the last month he fired several guys who needed to go and had hired a few new guys. Apparently JJ will keep a couple of shifts at Richards and DJ some at the titty bar down the street. So.... Basically Bliss is in critical condition with no doctor available to treat it.

The good news is the dance lineup at Richards which was already improving is about to get dramatically better. Now, if they will just do something to reduce the number of women in the bar..... Like charge them $30 at the door.

I went to Swinging Richards tonight and was surprised to see matt at the dj booth again. The hottest guys from bliss were there too....Cole and Casey in particular. I went to Bliss later and it was dead with just a few twinky dancers. I'm kinda sad to see Bliss go. I had started to like it more than Richards and I had lots of hope for it. Oh well...let's hope Matt cleans up Swinging Richards and brings it back to how it was in its heyday.

Archived