Gangnam Style

Steven_Draker
This topic is 4168 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

According to German media, the world's biggest flashmob is set to take place on New Year's Eve at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin with an expected crowd size of up to 1 million people dancing "Gangnam Style"

[video=youtube;9bZkp7q19f0]

As of December 25, 2012, the music video has been viewed over 1 billion times on YouTube, and it is the site's most watched video after surpassing Justin Bieber's single "Baby"

If you have never heard of Gangnam Style please stand up ...

While I've heard of "Gangnam Style" and heard the song during a "Dancing with the Stars" episode this fall - I've never seen the original. And I'm not interested enough to join billion other hits on You Tube.

Surely a billion people can't be wrong ;).

Just kidding.

As they used to say on American Bandstand, "It's got a nice beat and it's easy to dance to", BUT What does it MEAN?

English Translation:

Oppa is Gangnam style

Gangnam style

A girl who is warm and humanle during the day

A classy girl who know how to enjoy the freedom of a cup of coffee

A girl whose heart gets hotter when night comes

A girl with that kind of twist

I’m a guy

A guy who is as warm as you during the day

A guy who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down

A guy whose heart bursts when night comes

That kind of guy

Beautiful, loveable

Yes you, hey, yes you, hey

Beautiful, loveable

Now let’s go until the end

Oppa is Gangnam style, Gangnam style

Oppa is Gangnam style

Eh- Sexy Lady, Oppa is Gangnam style

Eh- Sexy Lady oh oh oh oh

A girl who looks quiet but plays when she plays

A girl who puts her hair down when the right time comes

A girl who covers herself but is more sexy than a girl who bares it all

A sensable girl like that

I’m a guy

A guy who seems calm but plays when he plays

A guy who goes completely crazy when the right time comes

A guy who has bulging ideas rather than muscles

That kind of guy

Beautiful, loveable

Beautiful, loveable

Now let’s go until the end

Oppa is Gangnam style

On top of the running man is the flying man, baby baby

I’m a man who knows a thing or two

On top of the running man is the flying man, baby baby

I’m a man who knows a thing or two

You know what I’m saying

Oppa is Gangnam style

Read more: http://www.kpoplyrics.net/psy-gangnam-style-lyrics-english-romanized.html#ixzz2GauOCUgG

Follow us: @kpoplyrics_net on Twitter | kpoplyricsnet on Facebook

The topic of K-pop a.k.a Korean pop music came up at dinner conversation last night. It goes far and beyond PSY and his Gangnam Style smash hit. It's surprising to see what the new teenagers around the world are crazy about. But that's a different topic.

The story behind Gangnam Style

“Gangnam Style” is a Korean neologism that refers to a lifestyle associated with the Gangnam District of Seoul, where people are trendy, hip and exude a certain supposed “class”.

PSY likened the Gangnam District to Beverly Hills, California, and said in an interview that he intended in a twisted sense of humour by claiming himself to be “Gangnam Style” when everything about the song, dance, looks, and the music video is far from being such a high class.

People who are actually from Gangnam never proclaim that they are — it’s only the posers and wannabes that put on these airs and say that they are “Gangnam Style” — so this song is actually poking fun at those kinds of people who are trying so hard to be something that they’re not.

http://www.e-cloudy.com/2012/12/the-story-behind-gangnam-style-by-psy/

Many are tired of "Gangnam Style"

He has promised he's "ending" it tonight in Times Square ... :)

It's arguably the biggest song of 2012, but the reign of "Gangnam Style" is coming to a close. Psy told MTV that he will be "ending" his smash hit tonight during Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve, capping a whirlwind year for the K-pop star, whose worldwide breakthrough came in the form of the signature pony dance in the "Gangnam Style" video. "Being in Times Square on New Year's Eve is already special – it's the biggest stage in the universe – plus it's my birthday, so, with all that, it may be the ending of 'Gangnam Style,'" said Psy. "I mean, what better way to do it? It's my biggest and most meaningful birthday."

Breaking Down Psy's 'Gangnam Style'

While Psy doesn't plan on completely doing away with his most popular song, he's anxious to follow up the hit with another. "The song became too popular, and so you start to have some concern about its life period," he said. "I'm really working hard on a new single right now, and I'm not saying ['Gangnam'] is ending on Dick Clark — I still have a lot of invitations to perform it . . . I'll be in Paris, and in February I got invited to perform in China, and I've still got to do promo. So let me say that in America I need a new single because 'Gangnam Style' got too popular, so I've got to write a new single."

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve airs tonight on ABC. "Gangnam Style" has become the most watched video on the Internet, racking up more than a billion views on YouTube alone.

http://music.yahoo.com/news/psy-im-ending-gangnam-style-tonight-144535462-rolling-stone.html

Psy just bought a $1.3 million condo on Wilshire in Westwood (LA) and, apparently, has hired Bieber's manager.....this "Gangnam Style" thing is going to be hard to top, but he is going to try, I guess....he may be a one-hit wonder, at least in the US.....we'll see.....

He has promised he's "ending" it tonight in Times Square ... :)

lol lol..well that was inevitable, but I think it was just silly, simple fun that so many people could watch and just enjoy this year. I loved how a song could capture the imagination of so many people from all over the world, and most didn't have a clue what the Hell he was singing about, and nobody cared, they just enjoyed the visuals and the beat of the song.

most didn't have a clue what the Hell he was singing about, and nobody cared, they just enjoyed the visuals and the beat of the song.

.. not to mention the choreography that triggered a special attention in "Dancing with the Stars" (American and French version of the show, just to name a few)

How can something be "too popular?"

When Psy is teaching Britney Spears to dance Gangnam Style on Ellen, Barak Obama puts some effort in it and you're in every media around the globe ... you're way too popular.

Archived