Anonymous goes after Westboro

Tom Isern
This topic is 4170 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Tom,

Thank you for this important but scary post about WBC and its latest venture to destroy the distraught families of the victims in the Newtown tragedy (this word doesn't even begin to describe this event). Do you have a contact for ANONMYOUS for contributions or assistance in their picket plans for Newtown and other events

Boston Bill

BB, Anonmyous doesn't work that way. Money Trails are one of the way they could be discovered. D.

Tom,

Thank you for this important but scary post about WBC and its latest venture to destroy the distraught families of the victims in the Newtown tragedy (this word doesn't even begin to describe this event). Do you have a contact for ANONMYOUS for contributions or assistance in their picket plans for Newtown and other events

Boston Bill

After looking at Tom's links and the responses that followed, I searched "Anonymous" and they have a lengthy wiki page. I'm still not sure how to connect all the dots of the organization, but it makes an interesting read if others want to know more about them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_%28group%29

E2W....I sent you a private message.

Anonymous sics Westboro again

The hacktivist collective continues its attack on the infamous hate group, shutting down its website

http://www.salon.com/2012/12/17/anonymous_shuts_down_westboro_baptist_website/

And the next thing we'll see is a press release from WBC saying "we meant to do that" or "planned maintenance" or whatever. The same cycle happened after the Phoenix shooting.

Anonymous sics Westboro again

The hacktivist collective continues its attack on the infamous hate group, shutting down its website

While I hate the Westboro "Baptist Church" as much as anyone, and I find their actions and opinions despicable, their actions are not illegal, and are protected by free speech protections in the U.S. Constitution. Was it Voltaire who said something like "I completely disagree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it"? While I understand the sentiment behind Anonymous's activities, it bothers me that these people think they're above the law and can decide who gets to say what and who has a right to privacy and who doesn't. While a part of me is thinking "right on!" when I hear them attack Westboro, a bigger part of me is frightened by a group with apparently no accountability that gets to decide who gets to express his opinions.

Archived