Ipad Question

Lucky
This topic is 4190 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Here's another thought.

It's my understanding that IF you are running the current iOS6 on your iPad and IF you have a Mac computer running Mountain Lion (OS 10.8) you can set up an iCloud account with Apple (5? Gb Free?) and it will sync your photos automatically.

Or, if you have access to an Apple Retail Store they could advise you.

From the Apple Support website (re: iCloud):

http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/

That's actually the main point of iCloud.

But just to get them on your computer, assuming a Windows computer, open the iPad in Windows explorer. The only visible folder will be photos but that's the one you want anyway. Copy (or move) them to your PC. For bonus points, move them to your PC and then set iTunes to synch that new folder and they'll copy back to your iPad on the next synch. (At least this is how I do it on iPhone.) It's basically using your computer as the mother ship, and treating the iDevices as copies of the repository rather than as the primary repository.

But that's just manually doing what iCloud is designed to do automatically (and is free).

We followed the directions from ehow.com, where in you go to itunes, look for your device on the sidebar, and then go from there. However, the sidebar does not list the device, so we were lost.

Thanks for the advice, I will see what it can do.

Archived