The Big Storm - Changing Plans?

BgMstr4u
This topic is 4234 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

With all the weather hype in the media over the last few years, I suppose a lot of people are looking at the coming storm this week with question marks. But the predictions look dire, at least in the New York City area. In my case, I have rearranged plans to be in NYC for several days, and am coming and going as quickly as possible on necessary business, then returning home.

Anyone else changing plans?

I don't think you guys have much choice... I hope all the predictions are wrong, BUT, if they are even close it will be terrible. I hope and pray all of our posters in the affected area will be safe. I don't live any where near the affected area, but last night some of the forecasters were even talking about the wind and rain extending into the midwest.

Yeah, this storm's residue will be felt as far west as Ohio.

I had to explain to a friend yesterday why frozen pizzas are not the kind of provisions he should really be stocking up on. :cool:

I know what you're saying. Just got back from the grocery store and it was so ludicrous, it was funny. People rushing around with no clue what they should be buying but with grocery carts full of frozen foods and tons of non-essentials. One lady had a whole cart of milk. Here in Boston, we're supposed to get more heavy wind than rain so the chance of lost power is high. I have no idea what she's going to do with gallons of spoiled milk.

Hope everyone fares well.

Boston Bill

One lady had a whole cart of milk. Here in Boston, we're supposed to get more heavy wind than rain so the chance of lost power is high. I have no idea what she's going to do with gallons of spoiled milk.

Maybe she's going to make cheese. Or she's going elsewhere for a block of dry ice.

JJ I just saw your latest thread in the gallery -- is this an offer??? I see guys who could help tape the windows, others could shore up the plumbing, the hot number with glasses could fix my computer... the mind boggles, but sadly, I am more concerned with what will happen when our electricity goes out.

There was a flood warning in Chicago tonight as well. Yes, in Chicago.

One of the news agencies ran a dramatic photo of menacing looking clouds over water that looked like an approaching storm. It was from Milwaukee, over Lake Michigan.

Big damn storm.

Archived