Changes in Montreal strip bars?

Samai139
This topic is 4274 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A frilend who travels to Montreal frequently reported that there have been changes in the stripper bars there. According to him, the curtains in the private lap dance areas are gone; the charge for lap dances is $10C and the "no touching genital areas" which had long been posted in Campus and Stock is now being enforced/ or at least strongly encouraged.

Anyone have any confirmation of these changes or further details?

When I was there about 8 days ago, things had not changed, but several dancers and managers/bartenders at Campus told me about recent police pressure to tone things down in the back -- the explanations I got about the reasons were somewhat garbled and differed from informant to informant; I never did make coherent sense of them. So in some sense, I'm not surprised by this change -- the silver lining, I guess, is that the tab has gone back down to $10.

I do remember that in the old, curtainless, $10 days, it was possible to have quite a lot of fun, though if the police are behind this, the dancers will probably be quite cautious.

Stock appears to have not changed. The signs still say $10 curtain open, $20 curtain closed. I had a great time with the curtain closed with Suntory, the sexy Asian boy. Sweet guy. Likes having his nipples played with.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the curtains are gone at Campus. But the impression that I got from Nico was that for $20 you can do pretty much whatever. he was keeping a close watch on the entrance the whole time.

Sighhhh ... here we go again. I recall that this happened a number of years ago. I got an email from a friend of mine who lives in Montreal. The local politicians are taking a look at the laws ... again. I'm told the owners of Campus are working with them to sort it out. Again. They took down the curtains to play it safe. Hang in there guys .... things WILL get back to "normal". And soon, we hope.

Bozo was in Montreal this weekend. Yes, it is true that at CAMPUS the curtains were removed in the lap dance cubicles. Lap dances are now priced at $10.00. In addition, there is a "No Contact" rule which is being enforced. On Thursday and Friday, Danny, the red-headed club manager, and the Campus owners, told the dancers that this new rule, thrust on them by the Police Morality Squad, would be imposed on all strip clubs - gay and straight. By Saturday, they changed their story. Their very latest line is that due to an incident at Campus occurring on Ladies Night, the new No-Contact rule would only be enforced for only 90 days. At this point, it's hard to tell fact from fiction. Campus is clearly trying to spin this as best as they can. There were no changes down the street at Stock Bar, where the usual bevy of beauties were on display. Bozo was also told that later this week, the walls of the lap dance cubicles at Campus were to be sawed down a couple of feet. If that happens, combined with the removal of the curtains, all privacy would have been eliminated, and it will likely be the death knell for Campus.

The Campus dancers are now very self-conscious about their own behavior and the behavior of the customers in the back rooms. The ones that I went with kept peering out the door to see who is around. The Campus dancers are VERY concerned about this sudden change of events. Many of them told Bozo the would quit if things don't change.

Bozo

Campus is soon to be sold.

When I first heard this last week and it made no sense. Preemptively taking down curtains? Why would it be the ONLY club that does this?

This club has never had problems with the Moralité, it pays its dues on time. To understand the reason, you have to read between the lines. This flip-flop and all the spin is just to make customers and the dancers dizzy. To dancer's: "Don't go work at Stock because this is also going to happen there" To customer's: "Hang in there, pretty soon this is going to happen to Stock."

Three years ago in Spring, the owner of Adonis suddenly removed its curtains. The place changed hands three months later.

The truth is the American Owner wants to sell his share and was advised by his lawyers to avoid any trouble by removing those curtains. He doesn't care about liquor sales or dancers, he just wants to keep the license until the transaction is finalized.

privacy would have been eliminated, and it will likely be the death knell for Campus.[/color]

The Campus dancers are now very self-conscious about their own behavior and the behavior of the customers in the back rooms. The ones that I went with kept peering out the door to see who is around. The Campus dancers are VERY concerned about this sudden change of events. Many of them told Bozo the would quit if things don't change.

Bozo

After Adonis was sold and became JPs IMHO it went downhill and I stopped going there. It would be a shame if Campus suffered the same fate. It seemed to be thriving Pride weekend as well as early July.

Taboo has another new owner. Wonder what's going on. Is business worse than it appears?

P.S. DanseurMtl glad to see your post. Have greatly missed your postings re Montreal. Please feel free to PM me.

Archived