Judy Collins

Karl-G
This topic is 4447 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Has anyone else watched the PBS special concert of Judy Collins at the Metropolitan Museum of Art? It has been many years since I have heard Judy, and I enjoyed the program very much. "She's a Lady" must be a recent song about her mother, who died at 94. Amazing what she can do. They are repeating the show frequently for fund raising, so you can probably still catch it if you want.

Judy seems to have written several books about her life. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good one?

The 60s are not that easy to reconjure. I went to see the Kingston Trio a few years ago, and that was a disaster. Never again. They talked mostly of their ailments and surgeries and rehab time, and they all looked like my great uncles, aged men. And the voices were long gone. But Judy is an exception, IMO. The concert was very enjoyable. And nostalgic.

Has anyone else watched the PBS special concert of Judy Collins at the Metropolitan Museum of Art? It has been many years since I have heard Judy, and I enjoyed the program very much. "She's a Lady" must be a recent song about her mother, who died at 94. Amazing what she can do. They are repeating the show frequently for fund raising, so you can probably still catch it if you want.

Judy seems to have written several books about her life. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good one?

The 60s are not that easy to reconjure. I went to see the Kingston Trio a few years ago, and that was a disaster. Never again. They talked mostly of their ailments and surgeries and rehab time, and they all looked like my great uncles, aged men. And the voices were long gone. But Judy is an exception, IMO. The concert was very enjoyable. And nostalgic.

Really sorrry I missed this -she's one of my all-time favorite artists! Some of my favorites: 'Send in the Clowns. 'Some Day Soon', 'Amazing Grace'. 'Farewell to Tarwathie'.

Archived