Jeep was recovered!

Xander
This topic is 4450 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

APD found my stolen Jeep (with some damages -- hopefully I'll get them fixed soon enough) -- so everythings back on track for summer plans ... (also decided to calm down and not move to the west coast .. but I am visiting soon -- check out the tour forums!)

APD found my stolen Jeep (with some damages -- hopefully I'll get them fixed soon enough) -- so everythings back on track for summer plans ... (also decided to calm down and not move to the west coast .. but I am visiting soon -- check out the tour forums!)

CONGRATS.....always a nice feeling when they recover stolen cars. Hope my previous post about how to protect yourself in the future did not offend you. It probably didn't come across the way I intended, but seriously, I was really only trying to help...best to you for now...BVB

Planning on going back to the NE area (NYC/DC primarily) again "soon" -- I had a great time in DC. NYC is so so so expensive for me and I get a LOT of requests to go up there but both times I go up there ALL of my bookings fall through because the clients were "too busy" or "need to reschedule" -- so it may just be a Boston/DC trip. Which reminds me -- I'm in Dallas right now and headed to Phoenix this weekend, then LA/San Francisco after that -- AND THEN (dun dun dun) Burning man!!

[video=youtube;q2lBhJEAe_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2lBhJEAe_c&list=FLbXNQ6pGL9qX8CdxXFjmFKA&index=2&feature=plpp_video

No offense taken, BVB :p ... KBB value of my jeep is around 2.5k and its going to take about $600 to get the ignition fixed. I had my blacksmith friend forge me a great key/flathead screwdriver .. looks pretty neat might have to post a picture up sometime. In the meantime, I'm hoping my anti-theft club does the trick (hahaha).

I'm glad to hear your jeep was recovered and will be operable with approximately $600 in repairs. If memory serves correctly, you had some valuables in the jeep. Were they intact when the jeep was recovered?

No offense taken, BVB :p ... KBB value of my jeep is around 2.5k and its going to take about $600 to get the ignition fixed. I had my blacksmith friend forge me a great key/flathead screwdriver .. looks pretty neat might have to post a picture up sometime. In the meantime, I'm hoping my anti-theft club does the trick (hahaha).

Just curious, does insurance cover that repair (after the deductible of course)?

Would love to meet you and hopefully your travels or mine bring us close together sometime.

You are fortunate in the return of your property. Hopefully, Lucca Rugge will see fit to return to me my late nineteenth century Chinese overmantel mirror which, in the course of his run of "bad luck", I consigned to him for sale on his representation that he had "connections" in the "art and antiques" market. Unfortunately, for me, his "connections" ceased with the decease of his "significant other". He assures me that the piece is safe and in storage "somewhere". Foolish old man that I am. . .

Archived