Major Crush on Simon Baker

BgMstr4u
This topic is 4475 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

One of the things I love about Netflix is that it facilitates watching the episodes of a tv series in order, and as close together as you want. I had finished Midsomer Murders and then returned from a Netflix-less vacation and was waiting for the next set of Game of Thrones dvds to start down the pipeline and clicked on The Guardian almost by accident. What a great show! It begins as fairly frothy but as it progresses, gets darker. The plotting is average -- your usual two or more stories running concurrently, one from the world of corporate law and the other from a legal aid organization. Dabney Coleman is excellent as Baker's father.

The lead, played by Simon Baker, is just beautiful beyond belief. He doesn't take off his shirt until the end of the first season, and in the early part of the second season (I'm 4 episodes in) he's hopping in and out of bed a fair amount. But his face! He is adorable. I don't care if he's in a suit and tie most of the time. He just makes me melt.

The show was cancelled after 3 seasons. One theory about the cancellation out there is that Baker didn't do enough self-promotion to ratchet up his profile. He is a pretty button-down guy in his character, and perhaps in his life as well.

Anyone else get flutters from him? I keep hoping for more than shirt off and the rest covered by the bedding.

I'm not familiar with The Guardian, but I've been enjoying him in The Mentalist since it began in 2008. But I always thought he probably looks better with his clothes on. I'd be happy to revise my opinion in the face of contradictory evidenced. :)

How about a link to some of those pictures?

How about the pix themselves?

http://www.galechesterwhittington.com/sitebuilder/images/Photo_of_Shirtless_Simon_Baker-296x386.jpg

http://img.omgstars.com/cat/simon-baker/simon-baker-g1.jpg

But I always thought he probably looks better with his clothes on.

I was all goo goo eyes over him at one time also, then I saw a quick glimpse of him with his shirt off (can't remember in which series or movie) and everything below the belt kinda went "That's it?" so .......yes I agree, I think he does look better with his clothes on...much better in my opinion....

I really, really like him when he's dressed, especially in a suit. It's nice to see him without a shirt, but he clearly is not a gym bunny. And I realize I have a weakness for collegiate looking, smart, square jawed blond guys. I am pretty sure he is not ever going to float into my world. Alas. Yet another reason for our mutual hobby here: There must be a Simon Baker lookalike somewhere. Or a reasonable facsimile. And maybe his double hits the gym. That would be nice. Any suggestions?

I first saw Simon Baker in "L.A. Confidential" where he played a very young and new-to-the-scene (late 1940's style) actor who was hired for sex by one of the bad guys in the movie and wound up being murdered (in the movie). He played his part very, very well and, when I saw the movie in a "real" theatre, the entire audience made a collective sigh of regret when his body was discovered in a cheap hotel room. He has, since that movie, gone on to much greater things. He is from Australia and is married with children...

I've never seen any of his shows, but I also think he's very handsome.

I am new to the Netflix world, but I like it so much that I don't even get TV service. It appeals to my desire to go fell-swoop through one show. Currently, I am going through all seven seasons of "Deep Space Nine" (which I've seen before) and I've started "Big Bang Theory," which is very funny. I supplement that with a movie pick and DVDs from the library (which has kind of a sad selection really).

How about the pix themselves?

http://www.galechesterwhittington.com/sitebuilder/images/Photo_of_Shirtless_Simon_Baker-296x386.jpg

http://img.omgstars.com/cat/simon-baker/simon-baker-g1.jpg

He hasn't looked like that in 10 years. He's very old and wrinkly looking now. I can't get off on a guy who is as old as me. I want 'em YOUNGER!!!!!

Archived