Going to Montreal for the first time

mcbg22
This topic is 4325 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am going to Montreal soon and I was thinking of going to Campus and/or Stock since I heard good things about them. I've never been to a strip club before so I was wondering how do lap dances work and what is/isn't allowed during one? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am going to Montreal soon and I was thinking of going to Campus and/or Stock since I heard good things about them. I've never been to a strip club before so I was wondering how do lap dances work and what is/isn't allowed during one? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey mc -- Welcome to the Message Forum. There's a great sub-forum on strip clubs with a wealth of information about Montreal's strip clubs, starting with some old, but still relevant posts by YFSC. Give yourself an hour or two to read through them and you'll have a good idea of how things work. You might also post your travel dates in the Traveling Members forum and see if there's anyone from here who'll be visiting Montreal at the same time. It's always more fun with some company. Be sure to report back!

Newatthis' advice about reading older posts on what lap dances are all about at various bars is excellent---read them carefully and check out DATES of the posting. The latest posts are obviously the most relevant to you; but also remember that individual dancers react to individual patrons and you should be prepared for almost anything. One or two general bits of advice: if and when dancers ask if this is your first trip to Montreal, you might want to consider fibbing a little and saying, "Not really," and leaving it at that. Most dancers are very good at reading customers body language, eye movements, etc., so they are on the look out for newcomers. If you are going to be in Montreal for several nights, spend the first afternoon, if possible at Campus, and evening at Stock, just watching and getting comfortable. And oh yes, money seems to "fly away" in those places, so pace yourself when you do get "active."

Most of all? Have fun--it's a wonderful place and also read some of the older posts about other things to do while there in addition to the strip bars.

You'll have a great time. Go to Campus first. The atmosphere is more laid back and friendly IMHO.

Montreal is a fun city with tons of things to do and see. I was just there over the 4th of July. If you have any tourist related questions we can probably answer those too. Or you can PM me.

Thanks! I just read through tons of older threads and I think I have a better idea of what to expect. I am going this weekend so I am excited. Hope all goes well!

Please consider letting the Forum know about your weekend---those of us who can't go this summer would enjoy it vicariously :))

I usually went around 5:30 or 6 and stayed until dinner time for the most part. I was there later one night closer to changeover. Most of the day time guys seemed to be "done" and were content to sit and drink with guys at the bar. And the bigger night time guys were arriving.

I've never been to a strip club before so I was wondering how do lap dances work and what is/isn't allowed during one? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

MCBG, You are going to have a great time and you have already received some valuable information. When you stop in at Stock Bar ask one of the dancers to introduce you to the owner. He's a member on this site & a great guy. He can also be most helpful in answering any of your questions.

Enjoy your time in Montreal and give us a full report.

Coop

That's a great suggestion, Cooper. MCBG can see firsthand one of he benefits of being a poster here- you get to meet the club owner, and your experience will undoubtedly be the better for it. At least that's how I see it.

Archived