FLAMBOYANT Male Sex Workers in JAMAICA Pushing Up HIV Rates

bcohen7719
This topic is 4482 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You're kind of obsessed with this sort of topic, aren't you?

I was thinking the same thing! I actually thought this was an older of his posts that I'd already seen.

I don't think YOUR headline is an accurate reflection of the story as a whole. What was wrong with the actual title, "Closet gays push up HIV"?

Well, to be fair, when you get down to the 14th (!) paragraph, you find this sentence: "He said some male sex workers 'are flamboyant and dress effeminately' and so they sometimes chose not to access public health care because they fear being discriminated against." And sex workers are mentioned one other time. But in the other 17 out of 19 paragraphs, the focus is on closeted gay men, not "flamboyant sex workers." Maybe BC has some issues with masculinity or a male sex worker who wronged him?

I was thinking the same thing! I actually thought this was an older of his posts that I'd already seen.

Well, to be fair, when you get down to the 14th (!) paragraph, you find this sentence: "He said some male sex workers 'are flamboyant and dress effeminately' and so they sometimes chose not to access public health care because they fear being discriminated against." And sex workers are mentioned one other time. But in the other 17 out of 19 paragraphs, the focus is on closeted gay men, not "flamboyant sex workers." Maybe BC has some issues with masculinity or a male sex worker who wronged him?

"Yes" to both insightful suggestions but not related to

the post.

BC

Archived