Fort Lauderdale Weekend May 11/12

Jake
This topic is 4389 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What's up all, just here in ftl for the weekend... kind of a random weekend away due to way too much stress at work. Didn't really plan to come here this weekend. But, I'm here, the pool is nice, and it's time for a few adult beverages at the clubs.

Last night I started out at the boardwalk. I almost skipped pre-gaming at the boardwalk this time. The past few visits have been dismal at best. Usually there've only been about 2 to 3 guys who would even make me turn my head. But last night there were a few cuties. There's one guy from Montreal with longer blond hair, which I love... but he has the personality of a doorknob. I didn't take any guys back because I never do there due to lack of privacy so I usually don't engage the guys much at B'walk because I know they're there to make $. But I enjoy the two-for-one drinks, watched the horrendously awful old drag queen stumble around the stage, and shortly after 9 PM proceeded to make my way to Johnny's.

Tip: if you're an iPhone or Droid user, you probably have it anyway, but load up Grind'r. Last night and today Johnnys posted an ad on Grinder that gets free cover plus $5 drinks last night and free drinks 11p to Midnight tonight. Many of the usuals were there... Marco, Cowboy, Tony, and unfortunately the annoying chubby blond guy somehow got rehired. I never remember his name, but I think he's Swedish or something... very soft spoken and queeny... and asks for money when you politely tell him you're not interested.

It was a decent crowd. No super spectacular new standouts on the dancer roster. Lots of 7s and 8s... but no real 9s or 10s. The Russian shot boy I noticed is apparently branching out now and doing private dances. My buddy and I wondered how long he would resist doing them on a previous trip.

Might do the same visits tonight... but part of me is thinking about hitting Johnnys in Miami. I liked Swinging, but as mentioned on previous posts, the prices are absurd. Johnnys Miami didn't have a lot of knockouts, but there were some good lookers... plus the back area I thought was better than any of the clubs in FTL.

This tweet may have solidified my choice to head to Miami lol...

MIAMI's HOT GAY COLLEGE PARTY presents

1st Annual Intergalactic Sensual Olympics...

You Are The Spectator...and we Have

30 of the Hottest College Jocks, Frat Boys and School Boys

performing Sensual Games One Night Only...

featuring hostess from Florida International University's DELTA LAMBDA PHI ..the LADY COCOA

DJ TPROMIX (splash nyc / torpedo / b2m)

DJ SUSHIMAN (twist / discotekka)

MC RICARDITO LALALA

$5 DRINKS AND NO COVER .....

(just say college name at door)

18+

c full size image here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=329498430452249&l=95693c5a0e

"....watched the horrendously awful old drag queen stumble around the stage.."

That's Auntie Mame. A south Florida deity and institution in the gay community:

http://www.auntiemame.biz/gallery.html

"...and unfortunately the annoying chubby blond guy somehow got rehired. I never remember his name, but I think he's Swedish or something... very soft spoken and queeny... and asks for money when you politely tell him you're not interested."

Agreed. Went by the name of Gene at Boardwalk and Sascha at Johnny's. Was fired from both. More annoying than fingernails on a chalkboard. This reinforces my belief that Johnny's has no standards in its hiring policy. Basically anyone with a penis can dance there, regardless how unattractive or irritating they are.

Bozo

Oh my lord. Bozo and I agree on something!!! Lol. Yep. Sasha. What an annoying twirp.

Johnnys as always was the winner this trip. But that's pretty much because boardwalk has just fallen flat. With the back area they use, they're fighting an uphill battle as it is. Add to that the "deity" fossil in his sneakers making you suffer through 3 songs from the 1930s, the over abundance of guys old enough to be my father... Boardwalk is pretty much hopeless.

Johnny's Miami was a total bomb. That ad I posted last night seemed promising. There were several hit college guys there. However they were fully clothed because they weren't working! It was some gay frat party from a local college. The dancers. 1 was hot. 2 were sort of hot. The rest. Nah.

Typing on my iPhone so I'll go into more detail later.

How about any reports from Swinging Richards or Twist in Miami ?? I was in S. Fla last weekend and didn't have time to visit Boardwalk, but from the sounds of it, I guess I didn't miss much. Swinging Richards was extremely crowded on the Saturday night I was there, so much so, that you'd think they were giving something away for free. Unfortunately, I thought most of the dancers were average looking and most had lackluster stage presence. I'm sure that some nights are better than others...hope to hear other reports.

Oh my lord. Bozo and I agree on something!!! Lol. Yep. Sasha. What an annoying twirp.

Johnnys as always was the winner this trip. But that's pretty much because boardwalk has just fallen flat. With the back area they use, they're fighting an uphill battle as it is. Add to that the "deity" fossil in his sneakers making you suffer through 3 songs from the 1930s, the over abundance of guys old enough to be my father... Boardwalk is pretty much hopeless.

Johnny's Miami was a total bomb. That ad I posted last night seemed promising. There were several hit college guys there. However they were fully clothed because they weren't working! It was some gay frat party from a local college. The dancers. 1 was hot. 2 were sort of hot. The rest. Nah.

Typing on my iPhone so I'll go into more detail later.

Hey... sorry neither was on my list. SR - I just can't justify the prices for fun. I don't need to pay $$ just to leave more worked up than when I walked in... kinda defeats the purpose! :) I'd probably go for variety from time to time if I lived there, but when I only go for a couple nights, I stick to Johnny's and sometimes Boardwalk.

As for Twist... I've only gone once, but as I recall, it's pretty much muscle dudes... just not my thing. I like the college guys. Once they get too beefy, I'm out. Plus I was staying in Ft Lauderdale this time. The Johnnys Miami visit was mostly because of that ad I pasted. I'd gone once before and wasn't too crazy about the place, but that ad suckered me right in! But had I not gone, I would've wondered what I was missing out on.

PS a tip for anyone who does go to Johnnys Miami... don't be a dumb tourist like me and pay for the $7 parking across the street... I didn't realize that had I just gone down the block and done the u-turn that I could've parked for free at Johnnys. D'oh!

I wonder how they are doing for business at Johnnys Miami. It never got super busy last night. At most there were maybe 10 dancers... and as I mentioned only 3 were somewhat head-turners. The layout of the place is odd. You walk in and the bar is on your right along the wall... but the stage is to your left... and it's sort of backwards L shaped... so most of the bar doesn't really provide good viewing of the stage. There are long rows of seats around the stage, but it'd be awkward to sit there... nobody does. Then behind the wall to the left of the stage is a mini-club. There were drag performances going on and otherwise music was playing and at times people were dancing. Then there's a back patio for smokers, but most people seem to just hang out back there. I just don't get their business plan so much... like at JOhnnys FTL, the customers there are customers looking for interaction with cute guys. At Johnnys MIA it seems more of a hangout. The dancers are almost an afterthought.

The one mental image I won't be able to erase anytime soon is one dude at Johnnys Miami last night who was wandering around in a full length fur coat, sneakers and as best I could tell... nothing else.

Hey... sorry neither was on my list. SR - I just can't justify the prices for fun. I don't need to pay $$ just to leave more worked up than when I walked in... kinda defeats the purpose! :) I'd probably go for variety from time to time if I lived there, but when I only go for a couple nights, I stick to Johnny's and sometimes Boardwalk.

As for Twist... I've only gone once, but as I recall, it's pretty much muscle dudes... just not my thing. I like the college guys. Once they get too beefy, I'm out. Plus I was staying in Ft Lauderdale this time. The Johnnys Miami visit was mostly because of that ad I pasted. I'd gone once before and wasn't too crazy about the place, but that ad suckered me right in! But had I not gone, I would've wondered what I was missing out on.

PS a tip for anyone who does go to Johnnys Miami... don't be a dumb tourist like me and pay for the $7 parking across the street... I didn't realize that had I just gone down the block and done the u-turn that I could've parked for free at Johnnys. D'oh!

I wonder how they are doing for business at Johnnys Miami. It never got super busy last night. At most there were maybe 10 dancers... and as I mentioned only 3 were somewhat head-turners. The layout of the place is odd. You walk in and the bar is on your right along the wall... but the stage is to your left... and it's sort of backwards L shaped... so most of the bar doesn't really provide good viewing of the stage. There are long rows of seats around the stage, but it'd be awkward to sit there... nobody does. Then behind the wall to the left of the stage is a mini-club. There were drag performances going on and otherwise music was playing and at times people were dancing. Then there's a back patio for smokers, but most people seem to just hang out back there. I just don't get their business plan so much... like at JOhnnys FTL, the customers there are customers looking for interaction with cute guys. At Johnnys MIA it seems more of a hangout. The dancers are almost an afterthought.

The one mental image I won't be able to erase anytime soon is one dude at Johnnys Miami last night who was wandering around in a full length fur coat, sneakers and as best I could tell... nothing else.

Hey Jake, did by chance get to the new "Dudes" in Fort Lauderdale? If so, what was your opinion?

I did not, sorry bud! Same story... if I was there for a few more days, I might've dropped by... but on previous trips, my visits to Dudes were really short. Never have seen a knockout at that place. More of a drinking place than stripper bar. But given that they're under new management, I did consider giving it a shot, but I was just in town for 2 nights.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Johnny's Fort Lauderdale, Boardwalk, and Swinging Richards over the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend. It was Boardwalk's 10th anniversary in Fort Lauderdale so it was better than average. There were a lot of customers which magically translated into alot of dancers! The are a set of Cuban Twins dancing who are unbelievably hot on stage (they dance together) but not that great in lapdance area or around the bar. They don't speak much English which doesn't help but oh my they certainly look great! There were about 4 to 5 others that held my interest for a couple of hours.

Johnny's Fort Lauderdale was also busy for the weekend and I spent most of my time with a Ukraninan Dancer who gave nice lapdances and could also hold an interesting conversation. Most of the dancers are too fem or skinny for me but they did have enough college/frat types to keep me there for a while.

I wrote about my impressions of Swinging Richards on the post talking about the lawsuit with the city.

Overall it wasn't my best trip to Fort Lauderdale for dancers or clubs. I spent more time this trip with former dancers that I have stayed in touch with over the last couple of years.

Did not make it to Dudes.

Stripfan

Archived