It's official...

maxwellissmart
This topic is 4545 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Bristol Palin needs to consider that when I was her age--40 years ago--an unwed mother, such as she, would have been shunned in nearly every community in the country. She is lucky that in America, we don't blindly preserve prejudices just because of "thousands of years of thinking about marriage." Perhaps--considering her own choices in the past--she could try to have a spirit generous enough to extend that same tolerance/acceptance to others.

Bristol Palin needs to consider that when I was her age--40 years ago--an unwed mother, such as she, would have been shunned in nearly every community in the country. She is lucky that in America, we don't blindly preserve prejudices just because of "thousands of years of thinking about marriage." Perhaps--considering her own choices in the past--she could try to have a spirit generous enough to extend that same tolerance/acceptance to others.
]

These people don't think that way...

]

These people don't think that way...

I get the feeling that in her case it's an opportunity to gloat and say: "ha-ha, you liberals tried to bring me down but look at the tasty cookie I get to have that you can't." And what a missed opportunity. The really sad thing is that this would have been a perfect time for her to cross party lines, appear intelligent and be a true spokesperson for the younger demographic in the country—and possibly make the Republicans resemble human beings. But no... gloating is much more fun.

The apple never falls far from the tree.....what a wonderful American Family, hold on, I just threw up in my mouth.

Love your post and its humorous approach to this pathetic person. Made me laugh and go on with important things and not waste time on this now CHIEF IDIOT of the "family"

Boston Bill

Bristol Palin is now the Biggest W.H.O.R.E. Of All.

Congratulations to Bristol.

This is same song, different verse of something I said in another thread: that liberals pretend to care about some noble, lofty principle when really the only thing they care about is themselves. When Rush Limbaugh called Sandra "everybody else must pay for MY needs" Fluke a slut, oh, the crying, the wailing, the rending of garments by the American Left. Liberals all across the land screeched about misogyny and the conservative/GOP "War on Women." This hysteria went on for weeks. Yet when Bristol Palin says something that a liberal disagrees with, he calls her a W.H.O.R.E., and none of the liberals here utter a peep in protest. There's a great line: "If liberals didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards." As funny, and true, as it is, it's a bit off the mark. Liberals live by The Single Liberal Principle. They look at every issue and every event through the prism of a single question: "how does this benefit ME?"

When Rush Limbaugh, a conservative leader whose audience far outnumbers the ABC, CBS, and NBC nightly newscast ratings combined (Rush gets about 24 million listeners; ABC, CBS, and NBC combine for about 18 million), calls a liberal woman a slut, the American Left does everything it can to get his show off the airwaves and end his career. Oh, the outrage! Oh, the misogyny! Oh, the HATE! Yeah, because there's nothing more that ever-so-evolved and ever-so-enlightened liberals can't tolerate. Forget calling Bristol Palin a W.H.O.R.E. on some obscure message board. That's downright minor league compared to Bill Maher, who on television called Sarah Palin a C U N T (I wanted to spell it out to get the full effect of the word). How did ever-so-enlightened and ever-so-evolved and ever-so-intolerant-of-misogyny liberals respond then?

Crickets.

In fact, President Obama was so unbothered by it that he kept Maher's million-dollar donation to his SuperPAC. The President can't need the money that bad; the fund raiser George Clooney just hosted took in $15 million. Yet the President was so deeply concerned about the "trauma" Sandra Fluke (who is a professional activist, by the way) might have suffered that he made it a point to call her and see if she was OK. Such a glaring double standard. Or really, just one standard.

Archived