Nick Jonas and How to Succeed... Closing May 20th

Cooper
This topic is 4419 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Another show announced that it will be closing. "How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying" has seen a decline in ticket sales. May 20th will be it's final show... I saw it with Daniel Radcliffe and thought he had a lot to do with the early success of this revival. Surprised Nick Jonas couldn't fill those empty seats. He was supposed to star in it till July 1st.

http://www.boston.com/ae/theater_arts/articles/2012/05/08/broadways_how_to_succeed_in_business_to_close/

What do Darren Criss, Daniel Radcliffe, and Nick Jonas all have in common?

http://www-hollywoodlife-com.vimg.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/122011_nick_jonas_darren_criss_daniel_radcliffe_succeed_poster111220150749.jpg

All 3 played the role of J. Pierrepont Finch in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying".

Last week's ticket sales dropped almost 11% from the previous week for this show, with only 42% of seats being sold. I think it has just been around too long, despite the cute rookie in the lead role.

(During spring break they sold almost 88% of tickets!)

I saw all three of them in it. Here's my take: Radcliffe was by far the best acted, Jonas was by far the hottest and fillled those suits the best, Criss had the best vocal performance. I'd probably take Radcliffe over the others (and he was robbed of a Tony by not even being nominated) although Jonas is so adorable I really couldn't take my eyes off of him. Criss, I don't know how else to say this, has an effeminate quality and these mannerisms that just bug me both on stage and in Glee. I have a hard time getting past that. Watch him sing a song on Glee. He does the same 3 moves all the time and in a few years he'll be as mannered as Barbra Streisand.

I am going to have to get there this week. Saw Radcliffe three times and Criss...and thought I could sneak in to Jonas in June.

Booked this week at Signature, Classic Stage and BAM. May try for the matinee on Wednesday. I feel the need for a "doctor's appointment." LOL

Archived