What is a friend...

bigvalboy
This topic is 4404 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bGAnhTxXPWk/ToBw2dWQPFI/AAAAAAAALFg/cOAGFLV-So4/s1600/sanfran+nude+protest.jpg

Seeing Twin Peaks in the background brings back some memories. My ex and I had some monumental arguments in that place. I wonder if Dale the bartender is still alive? I miss the "Glass Coffin." I don't miss SF though; I always felt the need to shower twice when I left.

An online enemy, for example a hacker the bombards you with spam and malware and steals passwords and identities, is readily imaginable and for some, all too real.

PK, when he said "enemies" I thought it was a person that you actually HAD interactrions with. In your scenario, its all behind the scenes and you usually havent conversed with the individual. Yes they may be an enemy by definition, but in a diff context .

PK, when he said "enemies" I thought it was a person that you actually HAD interactrions with. In your scenario, its all behind the scenes and you usually havent conversed with the individual. Yes they may be an enemy by definition, but in a diff context .
Usually these interactions are anonymous, sometimes there are directed, perhaps in retaliation for some perceived or real cyberslight. So, you may have cyberenemies who have real impact on your life and they may start being your enemy from any interactive site.

I think social media has raped and violated the word "friend" to the point that it no longer

has any meaning.

Just got back in town and had a chance to read the thread:

Thanks to ALL my "friends who posted". (Just kidding)....Seriously though, Of all the responses, and thinking about this. I would tend to agree. The word "friendship" I do believe has lost its meaning. I think that social media has most definitely raped and violated the meaning.

Archived