Swinging Richards Sues North Miami Beach

stripfan
This topic is 4324 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In terms of better dancers.... That may be on the way. http://ow.ly/i/Fpj0

Hope the three guys pictured visit Atlanta some time.

Thanks for the pic. I know the guy on the right as he used to dance at Twist. I never saw him at SR's but I understand he dances there on weekends. I have not seen the other two guys. Perhaps the problem with dancer quality I have experienced there is that they just have a weak lineup on weeknights but offer better talent on weekends. I never go to clubs On weekends as I hate crowds.

The guy pictured on the left is very hot!

Interesting item about the Hollywood FL. City Manager. Did being caught at SR out him or was he already out? (Also, he makes $172K a year as city manager?! Nice gig!)
He's gone! As of this morning, after 13 weeks of employment, he agreed to a 20 week severance with 1 year of health coverage and he's out.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2012/06/doug_hewett_resigns.php

Thanks for the pic. I know the guy on the right as he used to dance at Twist. I never saw him at SR's but I understand he dances there on weekends. I have not seen the other two guys. Perhaps the problem with dancer quality I have experienced there is that they just have a weak lineup on weeknights but offer better talent on weekends. I never go to clubs On weekends as I hate crowds.

The guy pictured on the left is very hot!

It's a bit of a chicken vs egg argument. But strippers don't tend to like dancing when there are very few customers. So, of u only go on slow nights, it doesn't surprise me that you find the lineups to be lacking.

It's a bit of a chicken vs egg argument. But strippers don't tend to like dancing when there are very few customers. So, of u only go on slow nights, it doesn't surprise me that you find the lineups to be lacking.

It's a deeper issue than what you have described. People that have been there on the weekend have also complained of a week lineup with only one or two hotties(including posting reviews on here). I talked to the bellhop in my hotel on Thursday and he advised that he was at SR's on Sunday. His comment was also that the club was lovely but that the dancer lineup was weak. I do believe they have a fundamental problem getting more hot dancers.

The guy on the left also danced at Boardwalk in Ft Lauderdale. I think his name is Alan. The guy on the right did dance at Twist. I had a lap dance with him once there and he demanded more money when it was over. I don't completely blame him but he could have done a better job warning me when the song was over. Both guys are very attractive though. I dont recognize the guy in the middle.

It's a deeper issue than what you have described. People that have been there on the weekend have also complained of a week lineup with only one or two hotties(including posting reviews on here). I talked to the bellhop in my hotel on Thursday and he advised that he was at SR's on Sunday. His comment was also that the club was lovely but that the dancer lineup was weak. I do believe they have a fundamental problem getting more hot dancers.

Summer is tough down here.

Agreed. Summer is slower than winter in Florida. Opposite of Montreal. Perhaps SR's Miami should close a second night during the week in the summer months. Maybe close on Monday and Tuesday. Have something special going on during Sundays that starts early. In my experience, people like to go out on Sundays if they can start early but get home and be in bed by midnight.

Curious city, where is "down here"?...Are you in Miami? I just closed escrow today on a condo in Fort Luaderdale...I am going to try and move there as soon as it cools a bit, probably sometime in October. I love SR and actually Dudes and the Boardwalk. I am sure I will run into you at some point, if you are so inclined..LOL

Cheers,

BVB

Curious city, where is "down here"?...Are you in Miami? I just closed escrow today on a condo in Fort Luaderdale...I am going to try and move there as soon as it cools a bit, probably sometime in October. I love SR and actually Dudes and the Boardwalk. I am sure I will run into you at some point, if you are so inclined..LOL

Cheers,

BVB

I'm in Naples. It's hot as hell here in the summer, but so is NYC. I travel to FT Lauderdale often and am quite friendly with one of the dancers at Richards. I'd be happy to grab a drink.

I'm in Naples. It's hot as hell here in the summer, but so is NYC. I travel to FT Lauderdale often and am quite friendly with one of the dancers at Richards. I'd be happy to grab a drink.

Yes I have been forewarned about the heat and humidity, which is why I am waiting till October to make the move. I would love to meet with you in the future. I am actually going there in a few weeks to turn on the power, perhaps I will call then.

Cheers,

Bob

Well, it's really two different issues. I'm well aware of the problems with the lineup in Miami. It doesn't surprise me because of what happens when summer arrives in Florida..... Lots of money goes north.

What I was speaking to, is no matter how good the overall lineup is, I'd u only go on the slow nights.... U r less likely to see a good lineup.

What I was speaking to, is no matter how good the overall lineup is, I'd u only go on the slow nights.... U r less likely to see a good lineup.

Of course things are slower during the week. Fewer customers and fewer dancers. This is not a new phenomenon. Happens in Montreal also. If they can't get a few better dancers in during the week, they are at risk of becoming a Friday/Saturday only venue. Twist had a much better lineup of dancers on Tuesday than SR's did on Wednesday. It is possible to achieve....even in the Florida summer heat. Anyway, overriding all of this is the legal issue...which I hope they can resolve quickly. A resolved legal situation will help them attract a better quality of dancers....even in the slower months and during the week.

In Montreal, I know that Stock requires all the dancers to work at least one night during the week...if not two. Otherwise, all the best guys, would only work Friday and Saturday nights. Perhaps SR's in Miami need to institute a similar rule. I understand they have quite a few guys who only work on the weekend.

Of course things are slower during the week. Fewer customers and fewer dancers. This is not a new phenomenon. Happens in Montreal also. If they can't get a few better dancers in during the week, they are at risk of becoming a Friday/Saturday only venue. Twist had a much better lineup of dancers on Tuesday than SR's did on Wednesday. It is possible to achieve....even in the Florida summer heat. Anyway, overriding all of this is the legal issue...which I hope they can resolve quickly. A resolved legal situation will help them attract a better quality of dancers....even in the slower months and during the week.

In Montreal, I know that Stock requires all the dancers to work at least one night during the week...if not two. Otherwise, all the best guys, would only work Friday and Saturday nights. Perhaps SR's in Miami need to institute a similar rule. I understand they have quite a few guys who only work on the weekend.

You really believe Richards doesn't already have rules about working slow nights? That's like strip club 101. They have rules about working slow nights in both Miami and Atlanta. Twist is a different type of club than richards. I don't disagree with you they need better dancers in Miami. But the departure of money is a big part of the problem. In Jan/Feb management in Miami basically told the guys in Atlanta not to bother to ask to work in Miami unless they were 'ripped' and basically told them they couldn't compete with the guys in Miami. The tune has changed in the last month.

I went to SR the first time over memorial day weekend. I enjoyed myself and the dancers were mostly bodybuilder types on Saturday Night. I had a table dance and a lap dance but did not go the VIP room although they were offering 2for1 (30 minutes for the 15 minute price). It was almost too crowded that night to actually spend any time with the dancers or to see their entire dance sequence. It was nice to see totally nude male dancing in South Florida. First time for me since Cupids and Boulevard. I would go back but would still spend more time at Johnny's and Boardwalk.

We did notice that as were were parking there were two North Miami Police cars with headlights on in the parking lot. They were still there when we left about 2 hours later.

As for the legal situation it appears as if they have another 30 day extension for business as usual.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Weekly-News-from-SR--Thanks-To-Your-Support-We-Have-30-More-Days.html?soid=1102025524486&aid=UScr2x0_QJI

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/North-Miami-Beach-Council-Discuss-Nude-Clubs-Breaking-City-Law-157388895.html

stripfan

We did notice that as were were parking there were two North Miami Police cars with headlights on in the parking lot. They were still there when we left about 2 hours later.

I wonder what that was about? Are they trying to intimidate customers?

I wonder what that was about? Are they trying to intimidate customers?

That's what we thought; we also made sure not to drink alcohol just in case we were "randomly" pulled over. I guess it could have been for security but I don't think so.....

Hollywood FL city manager was arrested for DUI after having been at SR but it looks like his arrest was by miami dade police officer not north miami beach police...so I don't think you can link it together with the police presence in parking lot.

http://floridaagenda.com/2012/06/01/%E2%80%9Cuncivil-servant%E2%80%9D-hollywood-city-manager-arrested-for-dui-while-leaving-swinging-richards/

Now there is a proposal in North Miami, next to North Miami Beach, to open a "gentlemen's club" with full nudity and serving alcohol. North Miami has a regulation prohibiting such clubs. The officials in North Miami Beach certainly will take notice of this proposal and could heighten the debate there over Swinging Richard's and the other two straight bars.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Could-Sesame-Street-Get-a-Strip-Club-in-North-Miami-158277385.html

• 1 month later...

I have heard a rumour that SR's has been making employee changes in the last few days. Supposedly one of the managers and also the muscle guy just inside the entry door (he takes the cash when you go in) have been fires. Can anyone confirm if this is indeed true and, if so, what was behind the firing?

Apparently, the owner (CB Jones) has fired Matt and his boyfriend (Chris)....but it may be just a threat. I believe Matt has a bodybuilding competition tomorrow. Last August, Matt was in a bodybuilding competition and CB told him he had to be at the club by no later than 10pm or he would be fired. It was the night Bliss opened. So Matt, who probably would have one the overall competition, had to leave before he could participate in the night show.

Matt and CB have had a weird relationship. He was hired as manager back in 1999 or 2000. He's been fired at least 3 times and CB always brings him back.

The thing that's weird is that I was told Matt and CB had an agreement for him to come back to the Atlanta club in September, October. I was looking forward to seeing Matt and Chris again in Atlanta.

Still wouldn't surprise me if they aren't back in the Miami club or the Atlanta club soon.

Interesting that this news had already made its way to Montreal where I heard it last night. I'll be in Miami next week and will likely head to SR's in Miami on Wednesday to see how things are. I'll miss seeing Chris at the door. He was by far the best looking guy I ever saw at Swinging Richards Miami......and he didn't even dance.

Archived