New Strip Club in NYC: Thursdays only, TRIXX

Cooper
This topic is 4353 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was told it is the place you mention. It will now turn into this club every thurs night. 20 bucks to get in. I went on thurs night while in NY. Wasn't all that great. a few guys who dance and a couple of guys walk around in their underwear and want to rub on you for $20 bucks. I only saw one guy I would want to, ahem, rub on me. LOL Clearly nobody has any money, including the poor guys trying to get the place off the ground. But it looks like they were trying. There is dancing, and there were some women there. At 1 pm the place was still warming up. and there is practically no infrastructure there. they have some TV screens and a stage, but hardly any furniture, so people have to stand around. there are two bars, only 1 was open. At least it was relatively easy to get a drink. Sam

Thanks Sam for your report on TRIXX... I hope they can make it work this time... If they can get a good lineup of dancers (not the same old ones you see at every event in NYC) and the patrons come out to support it, they have a good chance on making it. Thursday is a good night. No competition from Evolve or the 20 Club.

• 2 weeks later...

We went last night to check it out. Yes, we showed the ad, and got in for free but there was no "open bar" or "half price drinks"! And most of the club was cut off for a LADIES ONLY party for Hunk-A-Mania which had (BY FAR!); many familiar faces from around town (Nikola, EJ, Andres); those better dancers who stayed in there and did not mix with the guys. As for us, there was certainly a quantity of dancers if not quality.

Sad - the place could be a gold mine - great location and hours for the after work crowd. But as in the past, mismanagement seems to be the problem. I will tell you the best looking guys were the bartenders. If you want to fix the place, get them out from behind the bar!

We were also told it would no longer be Thursday nights - it would be moving to Tuesdays. I'm not rushing back, but we should keep an eye on the place and remain hopeful that they can get their act together.

Thanks CGFD for sharing your report on TRIXX... Don't like hearing that the club didn't live up to it's word on "open bar"... Perhaps it's a good idea to move the event to Tuesday. Having 2 different shows going on at the same time is not a wise decision... How many dancers would you say were working the TRIXX event? and how was the turn out of customers?

Thanks CGFD for sharing your report on TRIXX... Don't like hearing that the club didn't live up to it's word on "open bar"... Perhaps it's a good idea to move the event to Tuesday. Having 2 different shows going on at the same time is not a wise decision... How many dancers would you say were working the TRIXX event? and how was the turn out of customers? [/color][/size][/font][/b]

Hey Coop - I actually thought I might see you there but that was one more disappointment!!

There were about 14 customers and I'd say almost the same number of dancers. (As I said before, QUANTITY- NOT QUALITY!)

In doing some more investigating, it looks like HUNK-A-MANIA has moved to Escualita permanently, running Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. So yes, the move to Tuesday will be better for all concerned. HOWEVER, I am worried that the better dancers (as I named above- Andres, EJ, Nikolai, etc) were only there for HUNK A MANIA and won't be seen on Tuesdays... Guess we'll have to wait for new reports.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got an ad in the mail about Trixx being open on Tuesdays. Since I was at the theater last night I gave it a try. Arriving at 10pm there were no dancers, ten customers, and two shirtless bartenders who didn't know where the dancers might be. I stayed an hour, watched the crowd dwindle to three, and eventually observed four "dancers" roaming around, ignoring the customers except two pudgy guys who eventually left without doing anything with any of them. Then the dancers chatted in Russian and disappeared. At that point, the place closed for some kind of straight dance party.

All in all, I felt thoroughly ripped off. :mad:

One amusing note: there was no DJ, just a Sirius station playing house music.

Archived