Capital Pride in DC - June 9/10

leigh.bess.toad
This topic is 4450 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Capital Pride DC is coming up in early June. The parade is on Saturday June 9, the Festival is June 10. I've just booked a room at the Palomar for the 9th for my partner and me. The parade starts virtually outside the front door of the Palomar.

If anyone is interested in attending together, or if they are interested in maybe having a Forum dinner on the night of Pride (like we do in January for MAL/MLK Day), let me know and I'd be happy to organize the event.

If you are interested in the Palomar, it is on sale at Sniqueaway.com for the next week for $159/night (it normally goes for $239/night).

Thanks to the kindness of Nate Bruno, I found out how great it is to share the pride event with a friend. This year it will be even better because I get to share it with my partner. But an even bigger group to share it with would be even better. The DC parade, I've been told, is very different than other big city parades. The crowds are not kept behind barricades to watch but rather can get out into the street and interact with the marchers (within reason of course).

So if anyone is interested in meeting to watch the parade or to have a group Forum dinner, let me know.

Hope to see you at Pride.

The DC parade, I've been told, is very different than other big city parades. The crowds are not kept behind barricades to watch but rather can get out into the street and interact with the marchers (within reason of course).

I'll second that. As Lee mentioned, I went with him to the parade last year and really loved it. It had an almost small-town character to it, very intimate and friendly. And yes, people literally dancing in the street. One thing I thought was particularly cool was early on there was a contingent of police officers marching in the parade, then some of those same officers returned to work the security for the parade itself. And yeah, some of them were hunks but that's beside the point. :-)

As Lee mentioned, I went with him to the parade last year

And what we experienced and shared that day is a memory I will carry with me to my grave. Your kindness and generosity in sharing that big day in my life is something I will treasure forever. You are a very special guy, Nate Bruno.

If you can put together a dinner that evening I'd be interested.

Keenan

Capital Pride DC is coming up in early June. The parade is on Saturday June 9, the Festival is June 10. I've just booked a room at the Palomar for the 9th for my partner and me. The parade starts virtually outside the front door of the Palomar.

If anyone is interested in attending together, or if they are interested in maybe having a Forum dinner on the night of Pride (like we do in January for MAL/MLK Day), let me know and I'd be happy to organize the event.

If you are interested in the Palomar, it is on sale at Sniqueaway.com for the next week for $159/night (it normally goes for $239/night).

Thanks to the kindness of Nate Bruno, I found out how great it is to share the pride event with a friend. This year it will be even better because I get to share it with my partner. But an even bigger group to share it with would be even better. The DC parade, I've been told, is very different than other big city parades. The crowds are not kept behind barricades to watch but rather can get out into the street and interact with the marchers (within reason of course).

So if anyone is interested in meeting to watch the parade or to have a group Forum dinner, let me know.

Hope to see you at Pride.

Archived