Houston died from drowning,

josephga
This topic is 4440 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Whitney Houston died from drowning in a hotel bathtub, but coroner's officials said Thursday that heart disease and chronic cocaine use were contributing factors to the singer's death.

The release of autopsy findings Thursday ends weeks of speculation about what killed the Grammy-winning singer on Feb. 11 on the eve of the Grammy Awards.

Houston was found submerged in the bathtub of her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel and her death has been ruled as accidental. Several bottles of prescription medications were found in her hotel room, but coroner's officials said they weren't in excessive quantities.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Whitney Houston died from drowning in a hotel bathtub, but coroner's officials said Thursday that heart disease and chronic cocaine use were contributing factors to the singer's death.

The release of autopsy findings Thursday ends weeks of speculation about what killed the Grammy-winning singer on Feb. 11 on the eve of the Grammy Awards.

Houston was found submerged in the bathtub of her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel and her death has been ruled as accidental. Several bottles of prescription medications were found in her hotel room, but coroner's officials said they weren't in excessive quantities.

Under normal circumstances, if a person falls asleep in the tub, and becomes submerged, they will automatically wake back up. But if you are passed out from drugs or alcohol, you wont. Therefore, I would say the cause of death was drugs or alcohol. Its just semantics and nit-picking.

I've heard that too that falling a sleep and drowning is impossible. the splash of that water will startle you. or once you go under and take water in you will panic and come up. unless you are knocked out from a injury or other medical issue. I agree she died from drugs

But if she were passed out on the bed or floor from drugs or alcohol, she wouldn't have died. So, drowning was the cause of death.

Drowning due to substance abuse.

But if she were passed out on the bed or floor from drugs or alcohol, she wouldn't have died. So, drowning was the cause of death.

Tomatoe- tamato. Technically you are right, however in theory her initial conditon before hitting the water was impairment from drugs. Now, sit on my face ! :rolleyes:

Archived