Brother, can you spare a Mac Mini?

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 4445 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://img01.taobaocdn.com/bao/uploaded/i5/T1vwhdXnBHXXbqRFTb_092707.jpg_310x310.jpg

I admit to being a bit nervous. You see, I'm a belt and suspenders type of person. I always like to have a spare (or two) and currently I don't have any for the site. It's frustrating because I can get a suitable Mac Mini off of eBay for $300-$400, but right now that'll take a month or so before I can afford it.

So I thought I'd check and see if of the Forum Members have one laying around in their closet. There are really only three things that I need for it to be a suitable candidate:

1. It needs to be a "Intel Core 2 Duo", "Intel I5", or "Intel I7" (We've grown enough that any less just won't handle the load)
  2. It should at the very least go: "Bong!" when your power it up. (That says that the motherboard is functional)
  3. It should have video (Hard to fix if bad)

If your not sure what you have, just go to the Apple menu and select "About This Mac".

Unfortunately I don't have a Mac Mini laying around. However, I did slip a small donation into an envelope and send it off in the mail to Daddy a couple of days ago. Hopefully some others will do the same. I DO appreciate the effort Daddy (and his team) puts into this site.

$300 - $400 on eBay. As long as it's a "Intel Core 2 Dual" (Notice the "2") or better, I can work with it. The server edition is over kill...

$599 for the base model and $999 for the server edition both in NEW Condition. A factory refurb runs from $519 to $849.

• 3 weeks later...

May I introduce you to...

May I introduce you to: Hooville and BobbyB? (Bobby is the one humping Hoo)

With the donations from several people, A unexpected sale over at the Apple Refurbished Store, and my trusty piggy bank, I was able to purchase these puppies just before I left for the Palm Springs Weekend.

For the Tech Types: These are 2.4 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duals, with 8GB of memory, and 320GB of Disk. I'm in the process of loading the OS/X 10.7 and Hardening the O/S so that I can put them on the network. Hooville will be the future home of both the Website and the Message Forum.

This will take several weeks as I play "15 Puzzle" shifting everything to their new Homes. Thank you to all those that help bring us back up to a point where we have spares again!

http://www.daddysreviews.com/art/misc/Hooville_and_BobbyB

Archived