JFK of LaGuardia?

jack
This topic is 7829 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

small, take LaGuardia. Its closer to NY. About twenty five minutes away, depending on traffic. Actual charges around $24 which may include an extra bridge charge through the taxis's E-ZPass. That $24 is for me from LaGuardia to The Marriott Marquis, in Times Square. I simply always pay the driver $30. P.S. There may be four or five ways for the driver to take you into NY. They all come out the same, though two weeks ago the Queensborough Bridge route was 20% faster and cheaper (on $19.50 cost without an E-Zpass charge, I paid $25.) The Tunnel has been real good at times. Don't fret, sit back and relax, enjoy it.;-)

Okay, small, shame on me. I'll pick you up at LaGuardia and drive you anyplace. Should have checked out your site first. You are very attractive. A close twin to you is my bf at Campus -- Billy. See why you made me hard so fast? You'll love NY. P.S. Have you visited Montreal? Campus,Stock,Adonis, Taboo all naked dancing . . . lap dances . . . take outs . . . :p

You also might want to consider flying into Newark Liberty. Yes I know. It's in New Jersey, but its actually less hectic than the other New York area airports for some reason. It also has a monorail which conects to New Jersey Transit and Amtrack trains which can wisk you into the City in less than 20 minutes. It's also very convenient if you decide to rent a car or take a taxi. (The taxi dispatchers will tell both you and the driver how much the fare will be.)

LaGuardia wins hands down especially if you are flying in fromanother part of the USA ,JFK is the international airport therefore its a LOT busier especially around the holiday period.

Guest Pulsator

I always prefer Newark to any of the others. LaGuardia is the king of delays, both coming in and going out. JFK is so far away from Manhattan that it's a major trip getting there. Both Laguardia and JFK have ways to get to Manhattan by public transit, but they are slow and not particularly convenient for folks going to hotels or lugging baggage.

Newark, by contrast, does have that new direct train connection, reasonably priced: monorail from the terminal to railroad station, train direct in to Penn Station NYC, new NJ Transit terminal area in Penn Station, etc.

If the expense of a cab is a big deal, LaGuardia is probably the cheapest cab fare into Manhattan of the three.

But if you're willing to be flexible on time, you can take a Super Shuttle van from any of the airports, from terminal to the front door of your hotel, and the cost is reasonable as well.

And I certainly want to know when you'll be here. I've been following your reviews on this site and would be eager to meet you!

Guest Fin Fang Foom

>I always prefer Newark to any of the others.

I agree. You've got the monorail to the train. You never have to worry about traffic and it's MUCH cheaper.

Economically yours,

FFF

>I always prefer Newark to any of the others. LaGuardia is

>the king of delays, both coming in and going out. JFK is so

>far away from Manhattan that it's a major trip getting there.

I stay clear of Newark. The cost of the taxi ride into the city including tolls is extortion pure and simple, and there is often a lot of traffic going and coming. LGA has a lot of weather delays but if you are flying domestic its the best. My simple rule of thumb is LGA for domestic flights, and JFK for international flights.

Guest Kenny021

For convenience and if money is an issue: LaGuardia Airport wins.

I fly in there and take the Airport buses that take you to Grand Central Station and then onto the Port Authority bus terminal at 8th ave and 42nd st. I usually stay at Marriott Marquis at Broadway and 45th so I WALK there from Port Authority Terminal. If walking is out of the question, get off at Grand Central and they have shuttles to hotels for $2.00. Total cost is $10. Buses run every 15 - 20 minutes. Depending on time of day you're doing this, it can take as little as 15 minutes in off peak hours but rush hours take longer. Taxis are subject to same time frame.

If you are hung up on cabs, as New Yorkers seem to be, La Guardia is the choice, even though it has the worst on time record of any US airport, and thats saying something. If you pack fairly light, don't mind a train or shuttle bus, go to Newark. Train from airport takes about 20 minutes into Penn Station, and is either NJ Transit or Amtrak. NJ Transit is a lot cheaper and much more frequent. You can check the schedule on the NJ Transit website, I think its http://www.njtransit.com, but a google search will bring it up if it isn't. There is also a bus into the Port Authority, which is only $15 I think, but is subject to traffic tie ups. The other factor is where you're coming from and your preferred airline. Not all airlines serve all airports, and certainly not with the same frequency. JFK has a flat rate for cabs coming into town, but be aware you're on the meter going out.

SmallTownJohn: just gotta tell ya, laughted all day. This morning when I was innocently answering your inquiry, nothing on my mind, when I just by chance thought I had a little extra time, seeing your www. when I clicked it on, seeing you gave me an instant hardon. If getting an instand hardon could knock you over, this one would have. I was shocked. Sooooooo funny. I loved it. Soooooo nice. :-)

If you like window seats, and if you're going into LaGarbage,

try to get a seat on the left side of the plane; a common fair-weather

inbound route (the expressway visual approach) has a nice view of

Manhattan to the left of the plane.

I usually go through EWR, sometimes LGA and never JFK if I can possibly avoid it.

Newark is far from being my favorite airport (I have been stuck there in bad weather far too many times) but it isn't as bad as the other two. The monorail (don't they call it the "skytrain" now?) is useful and it seems to be more reliable now since they took it out of service and fixed whatever it was cousin Vinnie's construction company didn't quite get right the first time ...

... and you quite often get a good view of Manhattan on approach to Newark as well :-)

Hey Boys,

I appreciate the feedback. We never considered Newark so I'll pass that along. Thanks for the kind words, Jack (lol) & BIG THANKS to my pal Jimmer for the input. I'll post in the travel section when I get a set date for NYC.

Barry, our former moderator, gave me some cool tips about Chicago too. It will be cold<g>

God help me...I'm about to attack a mall in Atlanta.

Hey Boys,

I appreciate the feedback. We never considered Newark so I'll pass that along. Thanks for the kind words, Jack (lol) & BIG THANKS to my pal Jimmer for the input. I'll post in the travel section when I get a set date for NYC.

Barry, our former moderator, gave me some cool tips about Chicago too. It will be cold<g>

God help me...I'm about to attack a mall in Atlanta.

Archived