Nazi Prosecution of Homosexuals

FrancoDiSantisxxx
This topic is 7866 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington D.C. has a special exhibit on the Nazi's campaign of persecution and violence against the homosexuals of Germany while they were in power. The exhibit opened November 15 and runs until March 16, 2002 and while the exhibit will be traveling and the Museum hopes that it will be on constant view, it is an impetus for me to visit D.C. once again before it closes.

There is not a lot of literature or material that is easy accessible on this significant topic of our shared history, and I would invite you all to check out the link below and it's related links, which provide a wealth of material.

http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/online/hsx/

thank you . THAT is an interesting subject. in europe, mainly holland there is a lot of info available about this subject. the irony of it all is that a lot of elite nazi's were known and very active homosexuals. they were murdered by the ss.< i forgot the name of the group>

Guest Love Bubble Butt

I remember reading several times over the years that Hitler himself was suspected of having homosexual relations with (I think) one of his bodyguards. This has been mentioned in a couple of documentaries. It wouldn't surpise me if this were indeed true and that his killing of gays allowed him to be in denial about his own self.

I also remember that when I first heard this, it made me wonder if the blue-eyed/blond was really his idea of a master race or whether it was really more his idea of the ideal male.

Guest fukamarine

>

> thank you . THAT is an interesting subject. in europe,

>mainly holland there is a lot of info available about this

>subject. the irony of it all is that a lot of elite nazi's

>were known and very active homosexuals. they were murdered by

>the ss.< i forgot the name of the group>

One of my all-time favorite movies is Visconti's

"The Damned" which takes place in the Weimar Republic around the start of World War Two. Staring Helmut Berger - who wasn't too hard on the eyes in those days!

There is a scene where the German army sneaks into a weekend retreat at night surprising a bunch of gay SS officers who are having an orgy and shoots them all. Much blood, much skin, highly erotic. Worth seeing the movie for this scene alone.

I think the episode is referred to in history books as "The night of 1000 knives" but I'm not certain. My memory is a bit rusty on this. Guess I could look it up but I'm short of time. I'm sure one of you will know!

fukamarine

>One thing's for sure. Our M4M resident anti-Semites should

>go see the show. G-d knows, they could use the reality

>check!

Admitting one atrocity does not excuse another. It seems to me that our erstwhile defenders of Israel might take a gander at the exhibit as well. Justice is indivisable! Please don't check that reality at the door as you exit.

Atrocious things have happened in the Middle East. Unfortunately, there's a war on, and atrocities happen, even when they shouldn't. However, Israel's goal continues to be to assure its own security and survival (even if some of its current tactics don't seem to be achieving that end) and not to eliminate and destroy all Arabs or Muslims. That's dramatically different from the wishes of many Arabs and the other anti-Semites of the world, who continue to regret Hitler's inability to complete his extermination project and are willing to take up where Hitler left off, or at least egg others on to do that when they're too cowardly to do it themselves. However, there's no room on this site or this planet, as far as I'm concerned, for apologists for genocide, whether Jews or anyone else are the target.

>Atrocious things have happened in the Middle East.

>Unfortunately, there's a war on, and atrocities happen, even

>when they shouldn't.

>However, there's no room on this site or this

>planet, as far as I'm concerned, for apologists for genocide,

>whether Jews or anyone else are the target.

Well, it seems that my lessons are paying off, at least partially. It seems to me that your friend and fellow traveler, Adolf, thought the same about the Jews. He thought they were disloyal agents of a foreign power, and they were expendable in the greater interests of German security and national interests. That is why similar defenses for Israel are so morally appalling. Justice is indivisable! Maybe in your retirement, you will come to see that.

A book was published last year entitled "Hidden Hitler", I think. It is available in paperback and would be available on Amazon. It argues that Hitler was homosexual, based primarily on some ambiguous incidents in his youth, and circumstantial evidence during his later life. The most pursuasive incident happened in combat as reported by one of the members of his old unit. He and his unit were sleeping in a barn. Some of the guys heard noises in another room and found Hitler "with his whore, Schmidt". They considered them to be gay thereafter, but the guy who reported did not say exactly what they saw which led them to the conclusion. One of his closest early associates, Ernst Roehm, head of the Brown Shirts was openly gay, and he and a number of associates were executed during the Night of the Long Knives. Partly because their gayness was an embarrassment, but largely to win the support of the regular army and consolidate Hitler's power. During his adult life, Hitler does not appear to have been sexually active as a homosexual. And it not clear that he ever had actual intercourse with a woman. But the strangest fact is this: he had an adult relationship with 7 known women in life. 6 of these either committed suicide or attempted to do so. 4 actually committed suicide. Eva Braun appeared to be his mistress, but she made statements indicating that no sex was involved. After his death the Soviets conducted an autopsy in which it was reported that he had only one ball, but some historians doubt that the Soviet autopsy can be trusted.

Archived