Potshots...

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 4182 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Currently, there are a set of people that insist on taking potshots at each other in almost every thread they visit.

It's ruining my Holiday Spirit. You won't want me to Grinch your ass, trust me!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PdW_oLdH2TQ/TO74xN-ctyI/AAAAAAAAADs/Jsox2yQTMAw/s1600/what_way_signs.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill, you sound like my kinda guy. I think I'll go fix myself a cocktail in your honor right now!

Actually, I've been reading a bit less here lately, and it seems to me that the civility level has actually improved from where it was about three weeks or so ago. Maybe I've been scanning the wrong threads (or the right ones, depending on your outlook)

Right now I think I'll make myself a cocktail, play a Josh Groban Christmas collection

What? Not the new Justin Bieber Christmas album? :p

[video=youtube;fGFNmEOntFA]

(Is it just me, or does Bieber look like a wannabe gogo boy on a box during most of this?)

Guest countryboywny

Thanks Daddy.. It seems to me that a collection of men with a common interest should spend time building each other up, not tearing each other down. Merry Christmas to you and your's!

Guest countryboywny

Apparently, someone never played football. Or, she lives in La La Land.

Yes, I did play football in my youth, quite well actually. Oh, and I'm not "she" either, you seem a little confused. Hope this helps.

Never thought it would happen...Thank you Daddy for keeping the Holiday Cheer!!! As a violator myself, I have been sent private messages by members asking me to tone it down and to reconsider my posts and even was asked at one time to delete something that I had posted, I deleted the comment...and I am soooo glad that I did. In hindsight it is amazing that there are members who thought enough of me to steer me in a more positive direction. Happy Happy Holidays to all...BVB

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvu8isqOQO1qfjjglo1_500.png

Verry funny Lee. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and we were saying how much we missed the old phones, ya know the ones when you got mad at someone you could SLAM the phone down...Now it seems that hitting the off button on the cell just doesn't have the same sense of satisfaction. LOL Be well my friend and happy Holidays to you and the bf..

That Daddy, he's a man of his word with a WONDERFUL sense of humor! Thanks for the chuckle(s)!

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.

You really are a heel.

You're as cuddly as a cactus,

You're as charming as an eel.

Mr. Grinch.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DUmRzcJy-Lo/TPHLyuvqLoI/AAAAAAAADZs/pnfu2V_x_YE/s1600/Grinch.jpg

Thanks, Daddy.... I agree that it ruins the Holiday Spirit.

Not only does it "ruin the Holiday Spirit," it is uncool at other times at well. What good comes from all of this contentiousness and unnecessary

bitchiness?

I do hope that "Daddy" will ban all folks who persist in being unproductive, rude, disparaging, and disrespectful of the opinions of others!

Not only does it "ruin the Holiday Spirit," it is uncool at other times at well. What good comes from all of this contentiousness and unnecessary

bitchiness?

I do hope that "Daddy" will ban all folks who persist in being unproductive, rude, disparaging, and disrespectful of the opinions of others!

Totally agree. I think of the forum as an open house party hosted by Daddy. I don't believe most would really desire to disrespect the host or the other guests at such a gathering in the "real world" by being rude, insulting, loud, abusive, etc. The anonymity of the net often changes people's normal behavior from how they would act in analogous real life situations (where civility and respect is expected and usually given). If that isn't the epitome of being a chicken sh$t, then I don't know what is.

Anyway, if a guest at such an open house gets out of control, the other guests may try to deal with the situation but it typically falls upon the host to take the person aside to ask them to modify their behavior and ultimately to throw them out if they don't. I certainly don't know what goes on behind the scenes here with private admonitions to individuals but I hope it does happen as needed, as well as suspending or banning repeated offenders when called for (which we know has happened and continues to happen).

My intention is not to be a rude guest but to only help make the party more enjoyable so my unsolicited advice to Daddy is to be more visibly involved with decisive actions at an earlier point when these situations develop. It is a judgement call as to when action is needed but my "gut feeling" is that with things having lately gotten out of hand the forum would have been better served with earlier intervention. l am quite aware that he has a "real life" and the forum, as well as the review site, is not how he sustains himself (likely it is more of an expense, just like hosting any open house) but there are times when additional time and/or effort is needed by the host in order to keep order and assure most guests are having a good time.

Hopefully the "holiday spirit" can carry through for the rest of this year and the next as well.

Archived