Drive

Steven_Draker
This topic is 4510 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Tonight I saw "Drive" at the movie theater. Pretty violent, but loved the super serious character of the sexy Ryan Gosling (he's Canadian and only 21 edit: 31). Unusual movie by Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn that takes place in the streets of Los Angeles.

[video=youtube;KBiOF3y1W0Y]

Synopsis: Driver is a Los Angeles wheelman for hire, stunt driving for movie productions by day and steering getaway vehicles for armed heists by night. Though a loner by nature, Driver can't help falling in love with his beautiful neighbor Irene, a vulnerable young mother dragged into a dangerous underworld by the return of her ex-convict husband Standard. After a heist intended to pay off Standard's protection money spins unpredictably out of control, Driver finds himself driving defense for the girl he loves, tailgated by a syndicate of deadly serious criminals. But when he realizes that the gangsters are after more than the bag of cash in his trunk - that they're coming straight for Irene and her son - Driver is forced to shift gears and go on offense.

Steven...did you mean 31, not 21?....he was born in November of 1980

Whatever age, he's an actor that can disappear into a character whether he's naked and glistening in a locker room or playing a creepy serial murderer.

Like.

And he seems like a guy you'd like to know:

[video=youtube;Cvh_87pDaYU]

I saw "Drive" over the weekend. I appreciate films that treat the audience with intelligence and doesn't lay everything out. This movie definitely leaves you to use your critical thinking skills and do a little legwork too. Overall, I though it was a good movie and of course Ryan Gosling is as delicious as ever.

I appreciate films that treat the audience with intelligence and doesn't lay everything out. This movie definitely leaves you to use your critical thinking skills and do a little legwork too.

We were four friends. Three of us gave him a

http://wpmu.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/like-300x127.gif

The fourth guy thought the movie/action was slow. It's not a typical american movie. Go and see why. At the Canne's Festival, Winding Refn won the Best Director Award for the film. The camera work is also impressive as is the music.

Guest verymarried

I liked Gosling in the fluffy Crazy Stupid Love, especially the scene where his costar tells him his body looks like it's been photoshopped when he strips. It did.

Solid Movie. But I have to agree with Anthony Lane, to do that (I won't say what "That" is, for those who haven't seen DRIVE yet) to the actress from Mad Men is a crime against nature. It's like slashing the Mona Lisa or defecating on a peacock. Don't do it.

Ryan Gossling is way too pretty for me.

• 1 month later...
Guest verymarried

I thought "Drive" was a waste of Gosling's talent. I agree with "Lars" as being one of his best movies, and the "Crazy Stupid Love" scene where he strips is his hottest. His range is beautifully presented in probably my favorite RG film, "Fracture", and who can't love the guy in "Notebook".

Ryan Gossling is way too pretty for me.

I don't think I could use the adjective "pretty." I can think of several other Hollywood actors who are better suited to pretty. I think Ryan Gosling is precious, like a diamond. He lights up every room he walks into, no matter how he looks that day. Plus, he's extremely talented and nice, which gives him a very high x-factor. He's definitely earned his star credentials.

ps I hated Crazy Stupid Love. I thought that movie was insipid, formulaic schlock. The characters were SO unbelievable. And the plot even more so. I'm not sure the pain of that movie was worth seeing Gosling's abs.

IMHO Drive is one of the most boring movies I have ever seen. It is like walking through a sea of jello! Slow and "artsy fartsy" does not a good movie make. I love Ryan (My favorite is also Lars and the Real Girl) and looking at him is its own reward, but, this is not a movie - it is a director's conceit posing as cutting edge film making. Bullet it isn't! Save your money and just image google him!

N13

Archived