Stephen King's New Novel: 11/22/63

Lucky
This topic is 4589 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

11/22/63 is a date that we all remember, well, most of us who are old enough. But it is also the title of Stephen King's newest novel. It's about a man who learns how to time travel back to 1958, where he will stay in an effort to stop the assassination of the president.

The book is 848 pages long, which might deter many readers. But, I am half way through it, and I am here to tell you what a delight it is to read. It's one of those "can't put it down novels."

So, if you like to read, don't let the size of the book stop you. And, if you are a Fifties fan, then run to the bookstore. King does the Fifties so well, you might think you had time-traveled.

At the half-way point we have barely made it to Dallas. King is just having fun recreating the Fifties. It's nostalgia time!

Known more lately for his horror stories, King has switched gears, and this epic look at a time gone by is worth it...at least to page 424!

I lived in Masachetts throughout Kennedy's terms in Congress and the White House, so my interest in the book is what would have happened if Kennedy had lived.

Would JFK's 1964 election victory impress southern Dixiecrat committee chairmen enough to allow his proposed legislation to reach the House and Senate floors for votes. And, of course, there is Vietnam.

Lucky, I know you are still reading the book... any indication that King will write about what may have happened after Nov. 22, 1963?

Well, thank you, newatthis. Now I hope you like it! I bought a copy as I didn't think I could get through 848 pages in 2 weeks, but it looks like I will do it in 8 days, as I am reading 106 pages peer day...except today. Plus I took a break to read The Strange Death of Father Candy by Les Roberts. i liked that one, but it is a feather next to 11/22/63.

Archived