A word to the wise

Steven_Draker
This topic is 4580 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://www.206proof.com/forum/extensions/Vanillacons/smilies/user%20created/diethreaddie.jpg

The easiest way to kill a thread is not to respond to it.

Don't feed it. Let it die, folk

Focus on something positive.

Too much negativity drives participants away.

Indubidably..BUT sometimes easier said than done! ;)

http://www.206proof.com/forum/extensions/Vanillacons/smilies/user%20created/diethreaddie.jpg

The easiest way to kill a thread is not to respond to it.

Don't feed it. Let it die, folks.

Focus on something positive.

Too much negativity drives participants away.

Now Steve, what FUN would that be ????

Indubidably..BUT sometimes easier said than done! ;)

Most definitely easier said than done. There will be those that will consistently prod, needle, cajole, etc. with inflammatory remarks just to get a reaction from people on the thread. Childish but a reality we have to live with I guess. Still, the sentiments expressed by Steven are shared by many, including myself and hopefully will make some difference.

Most definitely easier said than done. There will be those that will consistently prod, needle, cajole, etc. with inflammatory remarks just to get a reaction from people on the thread. Childish but a reality we have to live with I guess. Still, the sentiments expressed by Steven are shared by many, including myself and hopefully will make some difference.

Well said, and I do believe that comments by Steven, yourself and others do make a difference....

What he said.

I must have been out to lunch. What stimulus begat this thread?

Oh Sir gallahad you don't even want to know...Mikey9nola got mad about people who constantly criticize him for the things he posts....well gallahad the boys round here got there panties all up in a bind and suddenly we were off to the races..It went on for pages until Daddy ordered pizza and Steven finally told everybody, to shut the 'F' up....thus we have this thread. Alot can happen during a lunch break.

Oh Sir gallahad you don't even want to know...Mikey9nola got mad about people who constantly criticize him for the things he posts....well gallahad the boys round here got there panties all up in a bind and suddenly we were off to the races..It went on for pages until Daddy ordered pizza and Steven finally told everybody, to shut the 'F' up....thus we have this thread. Alot can happen during a lunch break.

I think I am going to arrange a meet with mr draker where he tells me to shut the fxxk up and suck his dick !

Great advice Steven--thanks for sharing it. I enjoy reading this informative Forum, but tend to visit it less frequently when I see posters being nasty and ridiculing one another. Who needs that when there's already enough negativity in the "real" world?

Dang it all! I missed a heated argument? THat's why I'm here! [That, and to find out where Mr. T. Baldwin is ...]

I must have been out to lunch. What stimulus begat this thread?

A word to the wise (english idiom)

Intelligent people can take hints; they don't need to have everything explained to them at great length. :)

A word to the wise (english idiom)

Intelligent people can take hints; they don't need to have everything explained to them at great length. :)

I realize that Steven, however I think that three short lines of explanation was not much compared to what went on yesterday and most importantly, when I re-read my post to gallahad, I realized how ridiculous my comments were yesterday and how silly the whole process became..If we cannot or will not learn and correct bad behavior, then there is not any hope for us to become more civil to one another. I am the first to admit that I need to be slapped up side the head every now and then. I am certainly not proud of some of the things that I said, but at least I realize what went wrong and hopefully I will not repeat those same mistakes again. Regards,BVB

I realize that Steven, however I think that three short lines of explanation was not much compared to what went on yesterday and most importantly, when I re-read my post to gallahad, I realized how ridiculous my comments were yesterday and how silly the whole process became..If we cannot or will not learn and correct bad behavior, then there is not any hope for us to become more civil to one another. I am the first to admit that I need to be slapped up side the head every now and then. I am certainly not proud of some of the things that I said, but at least I realize what went wrong and hopefully I will not repeat those same mistakes again. Regards,BVB

BVB,

I think you might need to take into consideration just how beneficial your behavior was to the pizza parlors across the land, and to joy brought to some of us simply by being able to OGLE THE PIZZA DELIVERY GUY!, ;) ISC :D

BVB,

I think you might need to take into consideration just how beneficial your behavior was to the pizza parlors across the land, and to joy brought to some of us simply by being able to OGLE THE PIZZA DELIVERY GUY!, ;) ISC :D

Thank you for that instudiocity...my favorite valley hood as it were. Had dinner at 'La Loggia' last night..good times with a good friend from the Bay area. Be Well for now. BVB

Guest countryboywny

This is a great thread. Personally, I don't respond to the mean spirited, petty stuff (well, I did once) at all and try only to post positive or informative comments. Keeps me sane... :)

Archived