Kansas City vs St. Louis

Steven_Draker
This topic is 4494 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's nice to hear that you liked Kansas City, Steven. It's very underrated, but there's actually a lot to see and do here! I like the addition to the Nelson-Atkins better than you did, I guess. I think building it along the side of the original museum and partly underground helps preserve the beauty of the original Neo-classical building. And the "lenses" of the addition are beautiful at night when they're illuminated. The exhibit spaces in the addition are wonderful and, in spite of being partly underground, you don't get that feeling when you're walking along the corridor that forms the spine of the building. It opens to the gardens outside and there are beautiful views back to the façade of the original building. When you come back you'll have to make another visit because there are some interesting special exhibits planned in the next few months and they've also re-opened some of the Chinese galleries that were closed for renovations, featuring some of the masterpieces of the collection. (The Chinese collection is the museum's crown jewel -- it's one of the finest outside of China.) You'll also need to see some performances at the new Kauffman Center -- the halls (especially the symphony hall) are beautiful and acoustically amazing! And that just scratches the surface of what there is to see and do here!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived