Faberge Revealed in Richmond

EZEtoGRU
This topic is 4641 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just attended this exhibit over the weekend at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Run Run Run to Richmond to see this. It is wonderful. Only runs until October 2nd. They have 5 Faberge Imperial Easter Eggs as well as many other pieces. As an added plus, the general exhibit has a collection of Jean Schlumberger pieces on display. Albeit the Schlumberger exhibit is quite small, it is nearly as compeling as the Faberge exhibit. Anyway, a very enjoyable experience. I highly recommend it.:)

If I was going to go to Richmond, Virginia, I wouldn't run! And it would be to see only 2 eggs- those in the crotch of a very cute boy!

Having said that, I know some here will appreciate the info and may try to see the exhibit. It's just, you know, different strokes for different folks! :)

Whilst I did not "play" in Richmond, we did see some really hot young men from Virginia Commonwealth University running on the boulevard of Monument Ave on Sunday. Shorts on and no shirts. Very hot. Maybe one can hook up with some of them via Craigslist.

Anyway, one does need culture from time to time as a balance......and this was a culture trip that I did with a friend of mine. Playtime will be sometime in the next two weeks. Destination yet unknown.

If I was going to go to Richmond, Virginia, I wouldn't run! And it would be to see only 2 eggs- those in the crotch of a very cute boy!

Having said that, I know some here will appreciate the info and may try to see the exhibit. It's just, you know, different strokes for different folks! :)

Now I am curious, which boy do you speak of?

EZE -- glad you enjoyed my home town. I haven't been to see the exhibit yet but hope to soon.

VMFA is a jewel. Just before the Faberge exhibit, they had the only east coast showing of an extensive Picasso exhibit and the lines were incredible.

Yeah, a lot of the VCU guys are attractive to watch jogging. Monument Avenue is always a fun place just to people watch.

But anytime someone is going to be in Richmond, let me know and I'll see if I can't show you around a bit more.

EZE -- glad you enjoyed my home town. I haven't been to see the exhibit yet but hope to soon.

VMFA is a jewel. Just before the Faberge exhibit, they had the only east coast showing of an extensive Picasso exhibit and the lines were incredible.

Yeah, a lot of the VCU guys are attractive to watch jogging. Monument Avenue is always a fun place just to people watch.

But anytime someone is going to be in Richmond, let me know and I'll see if I can't show you around a bit more.

Yes, I really enjoyed the visit. Went on the State House tour as well and it was great. We managed to do alot considering we were in Richmond for less than 24 hours!

Yes, I really enjoyed the visit. Went on the State House tour as well and it was great. We managed to do alot considering we were in Richmond for less than 24 hours!

Did you get a chance to visit LEIGH LANE or BESS BOULEVARD--that's Richmond's "red light district"--so aptly named.

Boston Bill

Did you get a chance to visit LEIGH LANE or BESS BOULEVARD--that's Richmond's "red light district"--so aptly named.

Boston Bill

Not that I am aware of.....then again we did drive around alot. We may have passed that area. Perhaps it was the spot where all the VCU students were congregating shirtless after their midday run! OhLaLa.

Archived