ROMANNX.COM v2.0 has launched!

Romann
This topic is 4631 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hello hello from sunny (and what is shaping up to be humid) day here in Chicago!

One year from today, Buster and I rolled into Chicago with a packed up car, a screaming cat (not even the tranquilizers she was prescribed knocked her out) in the back seat with the hopes of a wonderful new start in an all time favorite city. In keeping with all things new and fresh, I had worked tirelessly months before to sketch out and basic website format that would feature all things related to me; blogs, pictures, this, that and the other all on my own little space out in the ever expansive Internet. Thanks to a masterful web developer (who is OH SO HOT which always makes for a more enjoyable working relationship!) with superb programming skills, ideas and an all around great guy, we developed version 1.0 of my site and launched it. With much excitement, I received many wonderful emails complimenting the hard work and a few telling me "It's about time!" which I agreed. Along with the many compliments, I put out a note to anyone who looked at the site to send me suggestions/enhancements from users who interact more intimately with the site than I typically would both then and now. I took those ideas and over the course of six months compiled them into workable ideas that would translate well on the Internet.

I am happy to announce that today version 2.0 of my site has gone live with the following enhancements and additions:

• New color layout and theme (change from red to blue)
  • New photo gallery viewer
  • New photo galleries added (Buster-boo now has one of his own!)
  • Page dimensions for increased viewing resulting in less scrolling
  • One blog entry loaded at a time instead of all from 1st post to current
  • Abilities to include graphics/pictures in blog entries to further express topics on a more visual level as well
  • Slightly larger font size and choice of font as to not pester the eyes too much
  • Web browser detection and formatting for increased viewing and utility on multiple browser platforms (Explorer, Netscape, Safari, FireFox and more)
  • More behind the scenes work done on an automated level to make my interaction with the site more convenient and useful

Then, there is my favorite and one that took more time than I expected… the mobile version. I received many suggestions that my site was difficult to view on most smart phone devices, including my own and favorite device, the iPhone (all generations) which was aggravating. Many users were upset that they were unable to scroll through my blog entries or most text along with the inability to view the pictures galleries. That said, a NEW mobile web version was developed with 90% of the functionality compared to the full version and formatted specifically for smaller viewing.

New additions will be implemented throughout the year (video module once I decide on what to do and new photo shoot for 2012) and in which I will announce those as they come to fruition.

I do hope everyone enjoys the site along with the enhancements that have been made to the site but also to the new smart phone version out on the Internet as well. And again, I welcome any suggestions which can be sent directly to romann@romannx.com (PLEASE label the subject line "Website suggestions" so that my email will properly move these to the top of my box) and I will certainly review each suggestion for possible use in the next update of the site next September.

Because I believe in giving credit where credit is most certainly do… I bow my hat to the web developer who has put up with me for the last two years in determining what is actually possible and what is fantasy ideas that tend to clutter my head when I think about "what's next" for the site. He truly is a gifted individual and has amazed me time and time again not only with his masterful programming abilities but also his insight on just where romannx.com can go in the future. While the site may seem basic from the front-end, what he has programmed in the back-end which users can't see (I'm all about automation of unnecessary tasks) has simply been perfect! Where my idea generating has stopped, he kept things moving. What I wasn't sure about doing, he drove me to try it. When I was tired of dealing with the site, he kept on marching forward to meet the deadline of September 1st. Bravo! Yet again, he has earned even more of my respect and I look forward to hammering out more additions to the site in the coming years.

ENJOY!

Romann,

My biggest congratulations & compliments on version 2. I always found version 1 very organized and easy to use in comparison to many sites but the enhanced clarity of version 2 is amazing. Just the choice of blue makes the verbage so much easier to read and the images have become so life like.

My only concern is that you might lose business---to Buster What a love!!!!

Thanks for your time and effort in this huge project. I certainly appreciate it.

Boston Bill

Kudos!

I checked the new Romannx v2.0 out last night and the first place I visited was Buster's gallery. Shoot! He is so darn cute! Makes me want to get to Chicago and have a threesome... Well not quite into that... but I think you know what I mean. He is just as lovable as his dad! Still, I am sure that Boo Boo has seen it all!

In any event, Romann is a guy who is not only a perfectionist, but is always thinking, developing, and enhancing all aspects of his existence. He is not one to stand still and rest on his laurels.

At any rate, congratulations on the new and improved site... and knowing Romann he is already at work on v3.0!

Well not quite into that.

So, there is something, huh? lol

Serious, Romann, I saw your post this morning as I was making a mad dash for work and wanted to take time to look at V2.0 on both my pc and droid. Wow! It really is amazing. I love the new colors -- very easy on the eyes and very easy to navigate around. Very, very impressive. You should be extraordinarily proud. It's great.

But like others, who know of you and and your love of Buster, how could I not go to that gallery first? I don't think that'll be a problem for others. And it was no problem for me. What a cutie.

Take a bow, Romann. You deserve it.

Can't wait til you announce the dates for you trip to DC next month.

Some well deserved "Thank you's"

Hello!

I want to take a few moments to thank everyone who has commented in this thread but also for those who reached out to me via email with warm compliments and ideas of next year. Thank you again!

Archived