I took one for the team

beethoven
This topic is 4666 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

m4m will not allow a masseur to pull a negative review if they decide the review is legit. But only negative reviews can be seen by premium members. If you are a regular member, a masseur can block a negative review for those to see. As a premium member I have had a couple of experiences with this. One time a masseur insisted that I pull a negative review and said that if I did not, he would have it pulled. When I informed him that I had already spoken to m4m and that he was incorrect, we negotiated a refund and only then did I agree to pull the review. I regularly post glowing reviews from masseurs that are worth the time and money, but I will not hesitate to post a negative one if I feel that I did not get my moneys worth or I got scammed somehow. Stand your ground, it is imperative that clients who work hard for there money are aware of what they might be in for.

One other quick note..Masseurfinders says that the masseur actually owns there advertising space, and allows them complete control over what is posted there. That is why you never see a negative review on 'mf'. Many of there masseurs are drop dead gorgeous, but it is buyer beware!!

Thanks for explaining that, bigvalboy. We'll see what happens. I'm not a premium member, so I guess that Konstantin can block the review for most clients. It's ironic that I wrote a rave review just three nights ago on M4M for Simon, but his English is so poor that he probably can't read it. Konstantin can certainly read what I wrote and can certainly understand every word!

Just to keep you current on this: It's now 10 am Sunday morning, and I just received an e-mail from M4M, replying to the comments I sent them late last night, along with my negative review. I'm not posting their e-mail here, as I'm not sure it's appropriate, but I'll send it to anyone who asks, as it is very sincere and informative, and also includes their review policy. (bigvalboy, I sent you a PM that includes their e-mail.) They point out that their computers can tell if a masseur is writing his own reviews. They also "archive" negative reviews like mine, and when three are received, they have a little chat with the masseur. I'm impressed by M4M's attention to their clients, and to their desire to keep things on the up and up.

http://www.massagem4m.com/ny/new-york-city/15056/...I shall write a negative review on M4M now, and see if Konstantin asks them to delete it when he sees it. I know that M4M allows this, but I don't know their rules, though many threads and posts here have discussed that.
Thanks for taking the time to post this. May I suggest that you also post your negative review here on daddy's?

Here's how massage m4m explains their policy.

The Official Massage Review Policy on MassageM4M.com

Often times, we are asked why all the reviews are not posted on MassageM4M.com? Without trying to explain our very complicated process of ensuring that reviews submitted are real and valid, as well as keeping both clients and masseurs happy and balancing the fairness to a masseur as well as the client.

we encourage positive Reviews that reflect the spirit of health and happiness that bodywork helps promote.

Massage Reviews: Massage reviews displayed by MassageM4M.com are a representative sample of reviews received for massage therapists. The reviews are intended as a guide only and may not reflect the experience a client has with a massage therapist. Massage reviews are in no way a warranty, promise or otherwise guarantee of performance by the massage therapist.

Review Submissions: Only Reviews where the Reviewer has verified their email address will be posted. Reviews may only be posted by verified reviewers and not massage therapists. If a massage therapist writes a review for himself, the review will be removed and the massage therapist may be removed from the site. After submitting a review, an email will be sent to the Reviewer to "verify" their email address. If the activation link in the email is not clicked, the review WILL NOT be posted. If the reviewer does not receive this email, they can contact us for a duplicate to be sent out.

Approval Policy: All reviews on MassageM4M.com are examined by our staff and adhere to a strict agreement between MassageM4M.com and its massage therapists. MassageM4M.com's staff has full discretion as to what reviews are acceptable. Any reviews containing inappropriate content, including profane, sexually explicit, and/or libelous content will be rejected. If a Review is accepted, it will usually be posted on the website within two business days.

Favorable/Unfavorable Reviews: Favorable reviews in which a client states they will hire the massage therapist again will be posted to the massage therapists ad and will be viewable at the massage therapists discretion. Unfavorable reviews will be posted to the masseurs ad and will be viewable to Premium MyMassageM4M Clients unless otherwise arranged by the MassageM4M staff.

Rights & Licensing: By posting content in the Reviews section of MassageM4M.com, you grant MassageM4M.com's owner, EMMedia, Inc. ("the Company"), its members, and its affiliates the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide on MassageM4M.com and other websites, and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. You also permit any User to access, display, view, store and reproduce such Testimonial Content for personal use. Complaint, Grievance or Loss - The Testimonials system is designed to give feedback and descriptions of services provided by MassageM4M.com members, not to report complaint, grievance, or loss. Any complaints against a practitioner should be directed to appropriate legal or regulatory channels.

Liability: Content submitted in the The Review system has not, in any way, been verified by the Company and affiliates, and therefore they shall not be held responsible for error, inaccuracy, or misrepresentation. Reviews are individual opinions and do not represent the views of the Company, its members or its affiliates.

SUPER JOB!!! josephga, Many here needed that clarification, and many should thank you for your time to post this. What is to stop a masseur from having friends write a few positive reviews for them. Probably nothing...Nothing is fool proof despite the good intention on m4m. But there are other red flags I go by. Reviews written to close together or only a paragragh or so long. I am assuming that if one went to a masseur and it was an amazing experience, that your response would be longer than a short paragrah. I have actually seen multiple reviews from a masseur over the course of a month or so, with identical misspellings and grammatical errors, and identical phrases like "i think he great person", you gotta laugh at that, the boys do try. lol

Despite what they say at 'mf', I posted last year two negative reviews back to back and 'mf' yanked both of them. When I protested, because my complaints were legit, that is when they informed me that the advertising on 'mf' is a space paid for by the masseur and thus he has control over what is or is not posted there.

and therefore has the right to pull or post any review they want. Oh well...I still use them occasionally, but I am very careful and do not use the reviews to make my decisions. And I have to admit it that I have had some unbelievable, and wonderful massages from some of the guys who advertise there.

one other thing.on massage m4m we as advertisers can't delete reviews there's actually 2 options we have. we can respond to a review or we can archive a review so it no longer is visible. however since its not actually deleted if it lowers a persons rating it will still count toward that rating. And you are correct there's no perfect system there's nothing stopping friends from writing fake reviews or someone signing up under multiple emails and submitting reviews. imo a advertiser having to many reviews can look as bad a not enough.

Exactly glutes, that is another indication for me...there are numerous beautiful and hot guys on both sites, but with no reviews. Right, they either pulled the bad ones, have not received any or simply want you to purchase there private photos or videos which m4m likes to feature. I simply move on and keep looking.

That has happened to me also. I have written positve reviews and none were posted. You have to follow through to help the masseur. I found that sometimes it was my computer just not sending the post correctly, or sometimes m4m or mf had gotten it but they just made a mistake and archived instead. In all the cases a phone call or email corrected the situation. Follow through is key.

Thank you, Beethoven -- first for taking the hit with a lousy massage and second for having the gumption to stand up to one of these rip-off artists. Sometimes, when I consider my advanced age and the inconvenience and possible danger of removing a virile young man more than half my age from my premises, I decide it's easier to swallow the loss.

Other times though, I've stood up for myself and felt a hell of a lot better about myself.

Beethoven, I see that your post was edited because it was a review. Let me just say that, while Konstantin may not be one of the Murray Hill Gang, he seems to have fully adopted their methods. Sorry it was a disappointment. He is a cutie, though.

Archived