Desirability of a filter?

guyinsf
This topic is 7880 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't know if it's possible to provide a filter here so that one could ignore all postings by certain users, but I found myself thinking about that this morning as I read through a thread that is peppered with comments that, for me, didn't add to the discussion.

If it would be possible to provide such a filter here, do you think it should be implemented? Even though it would make reading some of the threads more difficult (removing the context of others' comments), I think it would be a positive thing overall. I definitely use is when reading newsgroups as there are always a select few people whose posts are almost always antagonistic and who appear to be unable or unwilling to actually believe that someone else may have something to teach them.

I have a filter already. I just don't read the posts that look boring or too cranky. Some of the posters who get nasty are also the most creative, so I don't filter those until I get bored. And, yes, there are a couple of posters whom I skip over entirely, just as they probably skip me!

Guest fukamarine

>If it would be possible to provide such a filter here, do

>you think it should be implemented? Even though it would

>make reading some of the threads more difficult (removing

>the context of others' comments), I think it would be a

>positive thing overall

Why do we need a filter? If there are posts from someone you don't want to read - skip them - don't read them!

fukamarine

LOL!

Many chat rooms have a "twit filter". It's funny to see participants gradually filter a guy out. 90% of the time, he has no clue he's been filtered and continues flailing away while the room ignores him.

I've been ChatOp a few times and had to watch the whole progression. They go from abusive to rude to downright apopleptic because nobody will respond to them (because nobody is seeing what they write). For all practical purposes, they may as well have disappeared into the ether. ;-)

Guest Tampa Yankee

deej,

Different question (no that I have a cable modem) -- What happened to expanded view option for threads???????????

Archived