Major Changes in Brazilian Saunas

imrthr
This topic is 4709 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi EZEtoGRU,

Apparently, when a flight is sold out on TAM, the flight is removed from daily schedules. I noticed that after trial and error. My travel date is July and when I entered on TAM the specific day I arrive at GRU, only the 7:35 a.m. flight shows along with the one at 5:35 p.m.

I also entered a few hypothetical dates for June and there are mid day flights. However, for the date I selected for my July arrival, there is nothing until 5:35 as stated previously.

In view of the above, I have decided to wait until after I arrive in Sao Paulo and spend a few days there at the hotel before I visit Salvador. That way, I won’t be tired from the jet lag or be under pressure to select a flight that is not compatible with what I want. The delay leaves me more time to research the city. I want to see as much as possible about the historical side of the city.

I had a telephone call this morning from some friends who just returned from Sao Paulo and Fortaleza. They reported that the sauna scenes in both cities were “awful” and “not at all what was expected” based on their prior trips to Brazil. They did, however, say that Lagoa still had a large turnout on Friday before they left.

Each one said they are not sure when they will return to Brazil considering the decline in the American dollar, the decline in the quality and quantity of the garotos and the sky-high prices that far exceed the reported rate of inflation in Brazil.

Thus, it appears that the number of visitors to Brazil who find the sauna scene in decline is growing. This indicates that we are not the only ones who are not in denial about something that is so obvious to most people who have visited Brazil in prior years.

By the time you read this post, you will be in Montreal, assuming your flight is on time. I am glad you got away from the awful humidity. However, I recall that Montreal can have its own bit of humidity in the summer. Hopefully, for you, the weather will be great and you will find the city to your liking. I assume you will make it to Campus and Stock. Adonis and Taboo are not my cup of tea, so to speak, and I suspect they are not for you either. Have a grand time.

Cheers,

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dansjando

Kinda sucks, I was planning my first trip to Brazil this fall.

I understand that the U.S. economy has had a huge influence on the Brazilian economy. Analysts say the Brazilian economy is unnaturally inflated. Once the U.S. bounces back and the dollar is stronger, I think things might partially settle back to where they were, and I'm assuming the saunas will move back into a positive direction. At least I hope.

Kinda sucks, I was planning my first trip to Brazil this fall.

I understand that the U.S. economy has had a huge influence on the Brazilian economy. Analysts say the Brazilian economy is unnaturally inflated. Once the U.S. bounces back and the dollar is stronger, I think things might partially settle back to where they were, and I'm assuming the saunas will move back into a positive direction. At least I hope.

The Brazilian economy is not strongly linked to the US economy at all. It pretty much moves under its own inertia and ebbs and flows with the price of global commodities. During the multiyear recession in the US and much of Europe, Brazil's economy has hardly blinked at all. They had a 3-4 month slowdown and then back to full steam ahead. Obviously, if there were some global economic calamity, then Brazil would feel it. Forward GDP growth in Brazil may slow a bit in the future, but still outperform the US GDP growth.

My advice to you is to consider a trip to Madrid and Barcelona Spain instead of Brazil.

My advice to you is to consider a trip to Madrid and Barcelona Spain instead of Brazil.

Madrid and Barcelona can be a lot of fun. However, if Spain is not your thing, Zurich, in Switzerland, is another city that has a nice sauna. The one rent-boy sauna in Zurich is not that different than saunas found in Brazil. The name of the sauna is Paragonya which is located in the downtown area of Zurich in a commercial building.

There is also a "hustler" bar called Carousel that generally has many guys available and is located not far from Paragonya sauna. This bar is generally very festive in the evening.

You will spend more money in the sauna in Zurich than you will in Spain. The hotels in Zurich and Spain are presently less expensive than a comparable hotel in Brazil. You will spend less money in the saunas in Spain but the atmosphere is not as friendly as one finds in the Brazilian saunas or in the Paragonya sauna in Zurich.

Here is a link to an article concerning one facet of laws related to legal prostitution in Zurich - http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20110603/wl_time/08599207538700 The outcome of the proposed sex booths will probably be a source for many jokes to come. There is no mention of male sex workers in the article, although Switzerland does not discriminate in this regard.

The Brazilian saunas were the best a few years ago and it is still possible to have a good time in Brazil. You will have to be more flexible in accepting the fact that you will spend more money and that the quality of the guys and the quantity of available guys is not the same as they were a couple of years ago.

-

Here is the web address for Bar Carousel in Zurich, discussed above in my post:

http://zurich.gaycities.com/bars/1436-carousel-bar

Read the brief review or description of what is written about the place. It is accurate, in my opinion.

Here is the web address for some opinions about Sauna Adan, in Madrid (the only real rent boy sauna in Madrid):

http://www.nighttours.com/madrid/gayguide/sauna_adan.html?sub=reviews

And, here is the web address for some opinions about Sauna Thermas in Barcelona:

http://www.nighttours.com/barcelona/gayguide/thermas.html

Archived