NEW: CLUB 39 in NYC, Sundays only...

Cooper
This topic is 4646 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

NEW NAME, NEW MANAGEMENT... Good luck to Club 39....:cool:

http://www.eny39.com/images/5_2011x8ddd00%20copy.jpg

ALL MALE CABARET

EVERY SUNDAY

GET ONE FREE DRINK

5PM-1AM

21+ W/PROPER ID

CLUB 39

TIMES SQUARE

303W 39ST NYC

Guest Mickeyblue

after 3 visits to the old laboys in january and february with average reviews I decided to try it out again tonight. The place is the same location as laboys with one addition, that being the decor they changed the drapes and colored lighting other than that it was the same old story a few twinkish types and a few street. Not my cup of tea and actually you will not find me there again, Its back to 20 where at least i get what im looking for. As for the staff Most of the former crew is gone but what i found most interesting is the chatter that was going around and found out some juicy details. the bartender told me that the guys that used to be with club 20 that ran laboyz left on their own and were not fired they had lots of problems with ben the owner of escuelita as he was a control freak and was too interested in his private playtime with most of the former dancers this is mainly the reason you dont see them dancing there anymore. such a shame it was a nice place to play but i feel it will take a small miracle to revive this place not a new name! I feel bad for joe who now is jobless after he was lured there by the false promises of ben the owner.

Club 39 on Sundays

As for the staff Most of the former crew is gone but what i found most interesting is the chatter that was going around and found out some juicy details. the bartender told me that the guys that used to be with club 20 that ran laboyz left on their own and were not fired they had lots of problems with ben the owner of escuelita as he was a control freak and was too interested in his private playtime with most of the former dancers this is mainly the reason you dont see them dancing there anymore. such a shame it was a nice place to play but i feel it will take a small miracle to revive this place not a new name!

Welcome Mickeyblue to daddy's and thanks for your 1st update on Club 39.

With any new strip club venture, we like to give our support and wish the new management success with their endeavors. It will take time for Club 39 to establish itself and, hopefully, they will survive.

Regarding your comments on what you've heard from a bartender, it does differ significantly from what I've heard from the current management. Regardless, it's not important. The important thing is that those of us who enjoy this type of male entertainment support the clubs which attempt to provide us with the hottest looking male strippers NYC can find.

Coop

ben the owner of escuelita as he was a control freak and was too interested in his private playtime with most of the former dancers this is mainly the reason you dont see them dancing there anymore. such a shame it was a nice place to play but i feel it will take a small miracle to revive this place not a new name! I feel bad for joe who now is jobless after he was lured there by the false promises of ben the owner.

I dont feel sorry for the cast offs, they left where there bread was buttered well every sunday for years seeking greener pastures while trying to put the screws to the 20 club.

As for the dancers and Ben, I suspect the reason for the dancers leaving was they were not making money.

I hope the 39 venture works out well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest nyfan

Very disappointing

Visited Club 39 this past Sunday around 7pm and found a very sad enterprise. Four or five dancers and maybe ten patrons. No one was getting dances - so I have no idea how anyone is making money here. The space has improved - but I see no reason to return.

I was a fan of LeBoyz when it first opened - it seemed more casual than 20 Club - but it has really gone downhill.

Visited Club 39 this past Sunday around 7pm and found a very sad enterprise. Four or five dancers and maybe ten patrons. No one was getting dances - so I have no idea how anyone is making money here. The space has improved - but I see no reason to return.

I was a fan of LeBoyz when it first opened - it seemed more casual than 20 Club - but it has really gone downhill.

The ad says NYC male Cabaret, so I was thinking is something along the lines of the old Gaiety, a male burlesque strip show.

If its only about lap dances, not into that since you have to pay per dance instead of merely being entertained for a single entrance fee.....

I was there last week. The renovations are great with a very open area but no catwalk/stage for dancing. Sadly, it was quite quiet around 10 pm with only perhaps 5-7 patrons and a similar number of boys milling about. Most of them were cute latino guys who were very approachable and friendly. Had a lapdance with one of them and enjoyed it but not sure if it has the varied selection of the previous LeBoyz or or Adonis. I'm into belami-type guys and i think Adonis might offer more of that sort.

The ad says NYC male Cabaret, so I was thinking is something along the lines of the old Gaiety, a male burlesque strip show.

If its only about lap dances, not into that since you have to pay per dance instead of merely being entertained for a single entrance fee.....

I was there last week. The renovations are great with a very open area but no catwalk/stage for dancing. Sadly, it was quite quiet around 10 pm with only perhaps 5-7 patrons and a similar number of boys milling about. Most of them were cute latino guys who were very approachable and friendly. Had a lapdance with one of them and enjoyed it but not sure if it has the varied selection of the previous LeBoyz or or Adonis. I'm into belami-type guys and i think Adonis might offer more of that sort.

Thx cany, I am not sure how much a lapance costs these days, but if I am paying "anything" I want more than a guy in a speedo grinding on my crotch . LOLOLOL :rolleyes:

With Club 20 on Sunday, and Adonis on Wednesday, you think Club 39 would want to have this on one of the other open days (Tuesday or Thursday?) to fill a wide open void. If I recall, the Gaiety was open every day. Would be nice if NYC could get back to that standard, even if at different clubs.

With Club 20 on Sunday, and Adonis on Wednesday, you think Club 39 would want to have this on one of the other open days (Tuesday or Thursday?) to fill a wide open void.

I won't fault Club 39, it was Adonis that changed its day from Thursday to Wednesday. Club 39 has always operated on Wednesday and Sunday.

I went a couple of Sundays ago and actually had a really good time. I had tried it out a couple of times earlier in the year and didn't last more than 20 minutes down there before I left but this time was a lot better. I give them points for getting their act together. Will give it another shot for sure.

I went there this evening and it was closed with a sign from the NY Dept of Health prohibiting entry for violation of some rule. Not sure if this is a temporary thing.

But it may help to call ahead.

I went a couple of Sundays ago and actually had a really good time. I had tried it out a couple of times earlier in the year and didn't last more than 20 minutes down there before I left but this time was a lot better. I give them points for getting their act together. Will give it another shot for sure.

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry guys, I just dont get these kinds of clubs. when I'm horny, I wanna get off, and paying an entrance fee to see a bunch of guys milling around, and then have to pay MORE for them to grind on me, doesnt do the trick. I prefer going to a sex club, paying my entrance fee, and actually getting to play with alot of hot guys who are not dancers but there for the same reason I am. I have found this new venue in Long Is City, called Rainbow house that suits my purpose and has so far served my needs, and for only $15....."all you can Eat". LOLOLOL

I guess this is another area where "to each there own" applies, but these cabarets just dont cut it for Me.....

Archived