Best Super Bowl commercial line . . . EVAH!

gp0560
This topic is 4861 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest blake andrews

the game was good, personally didn't care which team won. commercials are always the best part, my favorite; http://www.superbowl-commercials.org/3089.html. half time show, wow i felt like time went backwards. not to mention the major malfunctions with sound and lights could they not get anything right.

National Anthem: Fail. Could we just once, please, have someone sing it as written?

agree, seriously didn't we all learn the words it in kindergarden?

cheers,

I almost stopped watching the game at the half, but I'm glad I stuck around for th second half. The half time show? How many ways are there to say totally stunk. Yuck.

Favorite commercial? For me it was the kid in the Darth Vadar outfit when the dad hit the remote. I don't know why, but I liked that one.

The National Anthem was a disgrace. I hope they did not pay her for that pitifull performance. I also agree most of the commercials were a dud, and I left the room during the half time show. Who picks this junk? Sure glad I was not one of the 400 plus fans who were turned away even though they paid big bucks for their tickets. The NFL and Jerry Jones and company sure have egg on their faces today. To bad the sports writers don't have the b.... to criticize what went on. Game was good, one of the best in some ways, with a final few minutes for the books.

Yes, it was a relief when he descended on the stage, as much as I dislike him, at least he was not Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas. But come on - who was that music geared towards? I cannot imagine that others actually LIKED it or found it ENTERTAINING??? Ad then to force us nationally (and internationally) to sit through all that noise??? Thank Goid it was time for me to take a leak, heat up some new snacks for guests, wash some of the first-half time dishes, and generally rest my eyeds - but the noice from the TV where my friends were, well even down low it was grating.

Who the heck is the one who actually decides what act (or kinds of acts) should be put on display??? Whoever needs to have his/her meds checked.

Who the heck is the one who actually decides what act (or kinds of acts) should be put on display??? Whoever needs to have his/her meds checked.

The Black Eyed Peas were selected, ISTR, to "young up" the half-time show after several years of ever more supefying performances by geriatric performers (like last year's concert by "The Who"). It's worth noting that Fergie is the first female to perform at a Super Bowl half time since nipplegate, nearly a decade ago.

I suspect A Producer "designed" the show which pretty much dulled any bit of youth or energy out of BEP.

But yeah, the music was awful.

The Black Eyed Peas were selected, ISTR, to "young up" the half-time show after several years of ever more supefying performances by geriatric performers (like last year's concert by "The Who"). It's worth noting that Fergie is the first female to perform at a Super Bowl half time since nipplegate, nearly a decade ago.

I suspect A Producer "designed" the show which pretty much dulled any bit of youth or energy out of BEP.

But yeah, the music was awful.

Deej, I assumed it was a decision made that way, but what bothers me - especially tonight after all the hype of the "entertainment" news on national TV - was how can anyone think this was a classy memorable act? (Truth, I actually like some of the music that Fergie sings, but this was absolutely awful, and she and the rest of the group were screeching, shouting, but definately NOT singing).

I believe that whoever was the producer who envisioned this - find another job. They wanted to attract a younger group - but there are so many other groups out there who could have put on a much better, more memorable, more dynamic show. Heck, I would have preferred just the cast of GLEE singing as a segue to their post-game show!!!!

Found the attempts by the entertainment people on TV tonight (who would never dare tell the truth about any of these entertainers), fawning over Fergie. Xtine Aquillar etc... disturbing. Do these people really even have a sense of taste? Or are they so afraid of being snubbed on a Red Carpet by these airheads, that they will only blow air kisses at their "celebraties" (like blowing smoke up their overly puckered asses???)

OK -- it is OVER, thank God, and we can hopefully forget this whole mess. And thank God the game was really better than I could have hoped - and I am so glad the Packers won. They played very well despite all the predictions against them and their history in this season now ended.

Well, not ALL the entertainment news gushed:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41452174/ns/today-entertainment/

I knew when Aguilar was announced for the National Anthem she was the wrong singer. She is a warbler. She has always been a warbler. She is incapable of singing even a standard (as she did with Tony Bennet) without warbling and polluting the tune. The result (memory lapse aside) was a foregone conclusion. I was actually out of the room for the part where she flubbed the lyrics and could only hear the inappropriate modulations because she couldn't handle the whole song in a single key. (It's a bitch to sing ... ask any singer!) But I wasn't surprised for a minute. Wrong choice.

Ironically, they had Lea Michele on hand (http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/619936/lea-michele-sings-america-the-beautiful-at-super-bowl-xlv.jhtml) who actually has the voice and range to pull off the national anthem, but she's not a national "name" yet. Not a "draw".

I was sort of suprised - I luckily missed Ms Aguilar's performance (whle listening to the loud roars of derision from my friends watching her -- I was busy making the snacks. I walked in while Lea Michele was singing - and though -- "Did someone do the right thing and pull Christine's number?" but then realized it was "God Bless America" and not the National Anthem, and DEEJ, excellent point, Lea could have/would have pulled it off magnificently.

Our N.A. is hard to sing - but then again, in the countries where I have lived oveseas, it is very rare to find a single anthem that is truely singable and memorable (I always think the Italian one is a rejected Verdi score); but to hear ours sung, and sung well by a soloist or choir that can get everyone in the stands singing.warbling along - that is a great talent.

OK - let's put this Super Bowl to rest -- next up is the Oscars and at least the drama there is more interesting.

Archived