Ibiza or Mallorca???????????

tony
This topic is 4854 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I apologize to those who have already offered advice on Mallorca, as it sounds beautiful, but a friend said to not overlook Ibiza.

Now I ask you all if you would choose one over the other, taking into account, beaches, night life, and proximity oof one to the other, plus a fairly decent hotel.

Thanks again.

Guest greatness

well

If you are into clubbing then I bet you will like Ibiza. Both places are nice. Ibiza is one of UNESCO World Heritage sites. I liked Mallorca better but that's just a personal preference.

I apologize to those who have already offered advice on Mallorca, as it sounds beautiful, but a friend said to not overlook Ibiza.

Now I ask you all if you would choose one over the other, taking into account, beaches, night life, and proximity oof one to the other, plus a fairly decent hotel.

Thanks again.

I much prefer Mallorca. The capital, Palma de Mallorca, is like a mini-Barcelona so there are good hotels, excellent restaurants, museums and interesting architecture which, added to the stylish beaches, make for an interesting and relaxing holiday for me.

But, as Greatness observed, if you prefer clubbing - and I would add, are young, fit and muscled - you will enjoy Ibiza more.

Thank you both very much for your insights, looks like Mallorca is more beautiful. I am not really into clubbing, as much as I enjoy the smaller bars you see in Sitges.

Is there any place either of you could reccomend in Mallorca that would be very close to a good beach as well as the gay bars/area of town? I mean a decent hotel with great beach and gay proximity, as in Sitges. That is the only place I can think of in that perspective, where everything is within walking distance. Thank you again for any suggestions.

Guest greatness

I'm not sure

So it doesn't have to be limited at Palma De Mallorca? If you are talking about the whole island Mallorca or Majorca in English then there are many options. If you talking about Palma de Mallorca area then how about hotel nixe palace. It is right on the beach and it has an amazing view. Bars are around the hotel but some areas can be a bit under developed http://www.hotelmallorcanixepalace.com/en

The bus stop in front of the hotel and takes you to Palma. There are plenty of taxis at night to bring you back to the hotel. Another hotel I stayed at is family oriented so lots of children and secluded. I'm sorry that I can't help you more. You can stay near palma and rent a car and drive around the island too. I hope you can find what you want.

greatness, thank you for the link and the advice. The hotel looks beautiful and you're right, I am actaully open to ANY place ANYWHERE that, like Sitges, has a nice beach and thriving gay night life very close by, maybe even in the US. I am bilingual (english-spanish) and can dabble in other languages, but that would never be a problem. I love Sitges, but too many years in a row, looking for something different.

I love your idea. Thank you.

Archived